Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

blend rad

mirek1017

With surface finish contour it treats al single surfaces as a contour to go all the way around the surface. You have to either create a boundary or in the advanced section use only between surfaces. Surface normal become very important here they will control inside or outside cutting of single surface when surfaces are used and not solids. sometimes you have to flip them to get what should work to work. Use the direction to get the tool in and out of the cut.

image.thumb.png.5b6fcab79e22c70bf62983d8c47e9325.png

You have a couple of things working against you on this file. #1 that should be one surface for each feature not split surfaces. #2 Need to define the cutting length of the tool correctly. It is defined wrong for the cutting length. Recheck that. #3 I like 2D dynamic to rough undercuts with. #4 Flow line will work by turning off all gouge checks where one surface becomes extreme important. #5 Dumb the model down. Not sure why you are not dumbing the model down to create this shape verse using surfaces.

image.png.f9f5ea1de37fddd69839e763933f6a32.png

To use Dynamic I had to add Point toolpaths to get the tool in and out of the operation. This is a situation where having more than one set of ref points would not make use use point to get in and out of the cut. I also had to use 3 operation since depth of cut will not go back to the center like ref points is doing. It would work with them, but

Attached is a link to the file with these changes and flowline added. See what happens when someone shares a file.

5th Axis Coupling

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

With surface finish contour it treats al single surfaces as a contour to go all the way around the surface. You have to either create a boundary or in the advanced section use only between surfaces. Surface normal become very important here they will control inside or outside cutting of single surface when surfaces are used and not solids. sometimes you have to flip them to get what should work to work. Use the direction to get the tool in and out of the cut.

You have a couple of things working against you on this file. #1 that should be one surface for each feature not split surfaces. #2 Need to define the cutting length of the tool correctly. It is defined wrong for the cutting length. Recheck that. #3 I like 2D dynamic to rough undercuts with. #4 Flow line will work by turning off all gouge checks where one surface becomes extreme important. #5 Dumb the model down. Not sure why you are not dumbing the model down to create this shape verse using surfaces.

To use Dynamic I had to add Point toolpaths to get the tool in and out of the operation. This is a situation where having more than one set of ref points would not make use use point to get in and out of the cut. I also had to use 3 operation since depth of cut will not go back to the center like ref points is doing. It would work with them, but

Attached is a link to the file with these changes and flowline added. See what happens when someone shares a file.

5th Axis Coupling

THE ONLY ONE !!!!!!!!AND NUMBER ONE !!!!!!!

Thank you  Ron 

20 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

5th Axis Coupling

Run ,can you take look on my parallel toolpath ,I want to get clean nice toolpath for finish my side packets 

image.png

Coupling 2.MCAM-CONTENT

That is a 3/8 endmill for a .125R never going to work. Maybe a 1/4 ball endmill will work, but I would consider going down to a 6mm ball endmill and then using that toolpath. I  would not use the whole solid for tilt avoidance. I never change the default collision setting for selection #1. I was told to always leave that alone and start with #2 for any collision avoidance years ago so that has been my habit. I would just picke the one flange face that is the largest diameter. Didn't like the dynamic process to rough that undercut? If is fine if you don't but I have been machining for a day or two and I think that will cut better and the tool will last 5X -10X longer doing it that way than with circle mill.

You do realize that surface shape is not consistent? One side is longer than the other side. In that case you would have to use morph between 2 curves. The copy of solid on level 2000 was a god start. Just needed to make the ID smaller and you can use that shape to cut the pocket. I will color one solid green and leave the original a different color that way when they are laid on top of each other I can my changes are doing what I expect. That is where the creation of the surface went wrong. Look at both solids on top fo each other and the difference will help you see where you made a mistake. We all make them and we get in a hurry and we miss things. Another thing I notice you are not using View Sheets a huge time saver why I added them to the file i posted up. I didn't like view sheets for a couple version now I cannot program without them. We will need a view sheet manager in my opinion.

I suggest spending a few days getting yourself familiarized with Linking. The automatic crash for Clearance area is not good. Know what you know by doing what you know will be the results you need. Automatic is a lazy persons way to make that toolpath. No lead in and outs into or out of the cut in entry/exit nor in the default links. Small gaps that is correct, but large gaps could be a major issue down the road if you develop that as the process. Look to a tapered mold chuck to hole the tool.

Sorry I don't have time to really dig any further.

• Like 1