Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPTIROUGH DEEP CUTS

mirek1017

Hello All ,I know some one start dis topic but I can find it 

I am use optirough oprer for mill some packet ,I want to leave .01 stock on wall and floor ,when I am posting codes my least z cut is -1.1196  when my packet is -1.1875   deep ,how I can fixt this ,or maybe I should use step up to ?

image.thumb.png.7e6fcd02b66af589016155f5eae05b29.png

3 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

mirek1017, is out of your question. But I need your help after you're done. could you help me. are you using a solid model for your tool definition?

What are you trying to accomplish? You can use solids for tool definitions for high feed cutters. I still stick to the traditional define as a bull endmill so my stock models and tool path calculations are lighter and smaller.

When I use a solid model for my tool on Mastercam 2024 update 3 I cannot create a Stock model.

I use Optirough all the time then stock model, after that Optirough but this time with rest material with smaller tool , one other operation and select stock model,

after that I create another stock model using those operations as source operations and I cannot get a new stock model'. If Iuse a regular tool it works.

I don't know if I explain myself. If not, I'll send pictures later on.

7 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

yes

Coul you please create I stock model after that operation using that operation as source operation and let me know if you can create the stock model operation.

When you have time. it doesn't work for me 2024. are you on 2024? if I use a regular tool it works, I tool from Mastercam. 

Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

When I use a solid model for my tool on Mastercam 2024 update 3 I cannot create a Stock model.

I use Optirough all the time then stock model, after that Optirough but this time with rest material with smaller tool , one other operation and select stock model,

after that I create another stock model using those operations as source operations and I cannot get a new stock model'. If Iuse a regular tool it works.

Coul you please create I stock model after that operation using that operation as source operation and let me know if you can create the stock model operation.

When you have time. it doesn't work for me 2024. are you on 2024? if I use a regular tool it works, I tool from Mastercam. 

Thank you. 

I am sorry ,I am just play on 2024  2nd day I  have to find out by self 

21 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

Thank you. 

try this  

image.png.8116d76eabb703556e51d155808e2d68.png

image.png.f3743941dfb716b02f6536daddba864b.png

• Like 1

I sincerely Apologize for interrupting your question. You were going to get help from the best, I'm sorry.

I read here that you have to have Stepup Check. if you do not want to do the stepup , Stepup and stepdown should match. I see your part has an angle stepup 

Should be better for the finish tool.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

I sincerely Apologize for interrupting your question. You were going to get help from the best, I'm sorry.

I read here that you have to have Stepup Check. if you do not want to do the stepup , Stepup and stepdown should match. I see your part has an angle stepup 

np

image.thumb.png.c880eeb161bd97e61106fb5877ad77ab.png

did you  know how off this higlits solid option ? I am try this seeting and didnt work 

image.png.a97b6f1b0d88cc1437b046eaaa9c1965.png

31 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

Don't apologize he is great at asking questions and helping where he can. I am sure he is glad to be helpful in anyway.

Just now, AHarrison1 said:

Are you referring to the glow highlighting?

In 2024 goto file - configuration - Selection - Right side of window 

image.thumb.png.7a1ef84969ed87adc6de32814767b77c.png

I have helped 100;s of Mastercam programmers turn that off and every single one of them has thanked me for doing so. Not sure where the feedback on this is being collected, but I imagine majority hate it and just not sure how to turn this eye sore stuff off.

47 minutes ago, tornero32 said:

I have to use my previous Stock model.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d1048cefaedc2f9b1b535b4cff6e88d.jpeg

Like this

image.thumb.jpeg.d1a419ae7a8a7ad46c9001b4d061dd09.jpeg

It's been working for half an hour and it doesn't do anything.

image.thumb.jpeg.83edab22e4e16164a1548843487c1a41.jpeg

Uncheck stock plane and try again.