Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam's licensing server is down

gcode

If you have a software license, do not deactivate it because you won't be able to turn it back on 

At this time, an ETA for service restoration is unknown.

From Masterca.com

Mastercam Licensing Server Outage – Updated 10/19/2023 2:20 PM EST
October 18, 2023 at 2:14 pm
1 like
We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our Mastercam Licensing server and do not have an estimate on when this issue will be addressed. The host of our licensing services experienced a hardware failure in their data center. They are continuing to work on replacing the hardware and getting the systems back online.

This issue impacts new Mastercam software license activation/deactivation attempts.  All Mastercam licenses activated before this outage will continue to work. Do not deactivate any current licenses until the services are restored.

We will continue to update this message as we have additional information to share.

Thank you for your understanding.

Updated 10/19/2023 2:20 PM EST

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gcode said:

If you have a software license, do not deactivate it because you won't be able to turn it back on 

At this time, an ETA for service restoration is unknown.

From Masterca.com

Mastercam Licensing Server Outage – Updated 10/19/2023 2:20 PM EST
October 18, 2023 at 2:14 pm
1 like
We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our Mastercam Licensing server and do not have an estimate on when this issue will be addressed. The host of our licensing services experienced a hardware failure in their data center. They are continuing to work on replacing the hardware and getting the systems back online.

This issue impacts new Mastercam software license activation/deactivation attempts.  All Mastercam licenses activated before this outage will continue to work. Do not deactivate any current licenses until the services are restored.

We will continue to update this message as we have additional information to share.

Thank you for your understanding.

Updated 10/19/2023 2:20 PM EST

Have a few customers down right now because of this issue. I almost shipped my personal sim to one, but then thought better of it.

• Like 1

I renewed maintenance in August and was invited to change over to software licensing.

I declined.

They way I understand it, Mastercam will still run on a PC with an active license, you just can't move it to another machine.

and 

If you deactivated a license at work, planning to reactivate it at home, you won't be able to run Mastercam till

the servers are back up.

13 minutes ago, gcode said:

I renewed maintenance in August and was invited to change over to software licensing.

I declined.

They way I understand it, Mastercam will still run on a PC with an active license, you just can't move.

it to another machine.

and 

If you deactivated a license at work, planning to reactivate it at home, you won't be able to run Mastercam till

the servers are back up.

Yes that is what one customer has done for a couple years now and they are lucky they kept their other sims to program with or they would be dead in the water. Making rethink my triple boot setup on this computer. I was heard a rumor the old sims can be reactivated if needed so might pull it out of moth balls and see about switching back after this. I don't normally travel with my personal sim to customers out of fear of losing it, but have to rethink that also.

There are good and bad points to both methods.

If you forget your hasp at work, you have 2 options, drive back into town and get it

or don't work.

With a software license, you can VPN into your work machine, deactivate the license and reactivate it on your home machine.

You can also lose or damage a HASP.

I've never lost mine, but I misplaced it once. 

After an hour of frantic searching, I found in laying on the garage floor.

It had fallen out of my pocket while I was getting out my keys. My wife actually ran over it when she pulled into the garage,

It's a little bent, but it still works.  I don't carry my hasp in my pocket anymore. 

• Like 1

When the dealer sends out an email saying as much yes not good and really making me rethink using a license. I have a hot job with a customer paying a premium forget it done this weekend glad I was not doing my dual boot experiment between Windows 10 and Windows 11. I would have been okay because I have a personal sim.

• Like 1

They are issuing temp licenses for those who are down.

As we continue to resolve the technical issue related to Mastercam Licensing through our vendor, Mastercam has developed a solution to get impacted customers back online utilizing a temporary license that will expire November 15th 2023. Please follow the below instructions to activate your temporary license if you are experiencing issues:  

You can read the whole thing on Mastercam.com