Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Letter of Recommendation?

parallax7761@comcast.net

Has anyone here every had a previous manager, supervisor, or boss...etc. Write them a letter of recommendation? I'm not really looking for a direct letter written for applying at one particular shop more of a general letter. I'm just curious if any of you have had any experience with using these kinds of letters, and whether or not they are helpful. Also curious what one might look like for a CNC Programmer/Machinist since most I find online are written for students or different careers.

If you're being asked, keep it general....if your looking for one, again generalize and if there is anything specific that the person could speak to, ask if they could included it.

“I worked with *****person****** during my time at ****company****, he was knowledgeable and skilled at his work, and very personable as well, taking the time to teach and mentor others. Although I was in ****department**** and ***person*** was in Manufacturing, ***person*** was open to breaking down walls and opening up communication between departments.

To be successful at this kind of work, one must be organized and driven, working to deliver projects on time, and within budget and ***person*** exemplified this. I would happily recommend ***person*** as an asset to any team.

Keep it general but try to touch on the higher points of the person & position.

JM2C

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2