Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CAD model component relations

Metals and materials

Soooo is there any way I can relate my components with each other just like I can do it in Solidowrks?

For example, please refer to the cad image below. It is an assembly. Now, we want to copy what we see in machine to here. The central rode is longer in cad file while shorter in reality. Coz of that, total heigh of the part is offsetting by that difference.

I want to cut that part in MasterCam (that I can do -> Make the rectangle in front, and cut extrude) 

Now, I want to re-relate the part and top fixture to this cut geometry. How can I do that? I was thinking translate could be one option. But curious, if there is any other way or something to do it in quicker or more efficient way or anything I am missing. 

Thank you for your answers in advance! 

41.PNG

42.PNG

There is some Layout ability on the Model prep tab but you do not have full Mate ability a la Solidworks.

You'll end up moving things using either Translate or Dynamic XForm 

Thus I am finally moving all of our design work for fixtures and tooling into Solidworks, finally.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1