Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Posting wrong tool numbers!!!??

amw

Hey guys I have another bug here with 2024. This one is dangerous. After creating a dynamic toolpath it posts the wrong tool number. Anybody else ever see this? Easy to recreate the problem:

- Start new file, and draw a circle.

- Make a Dynamic rough toolpath from circle without editing default tool values, click ok

- Wait for toolpath to generate, then open parameters, change tool number and click ok. 

- Post it out and you get the original default tool number, not the new number that you changed it to. Not the number thats currently showing!

I dont think its a post issue, I get same result with default machine and my modified mpmaster post. This is a very dangerous issue! The number of bugs with 2024 is absolutely ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

It regenerates automatically, And shows green check mark meaning everything is good. Then I post and get the wrong tool number. Forcing another regeneration did fix the problem. 

This is still ridiculous. If I change a tool number, and it regenerates automatically, and i get a checkmark it should be good to go. If its NOT good to go without another regeneration it should not let me post. 

Only seems to happen when initially creating the operation with the default tool. Once I change to a different tool I can renumber and everything posts fine without forcing a second regeneration. 

As a work around now i've set my default tool to a tap, so programmer will be forced to choose a different tool every time. 

57 minutes ago, Fred @ Slate Industries said:

Every once in a while when I change the tool # the H and D don't change along with it...

Maybe 3 times a year...

" keeps ya on your toes"...

That would happen to me too sometimes, but once I started doing it in another method it works every time.

right click tool you want to change > edit tool, then under finalize properties, I'll change and verify the tool number, length + diameter offset.

At my job shop we don't use a library of tools (yet) so usually I'll just wait until I'm finished with a program, then select all operations, right click > edit selected operations > renumber tools. definitely found that to be the easiest

20 hours ago, Fred @ Slate Industries said:

Every once in a while when I change the tool # the H and D don't change along with it...

Maybe 3 times a year...

" keeps ya on your toes"...

Yeah that would keep you on your toes for sure lol.