Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Job Opening

CAM-mando

Hey all ... I have been real busy and have'nt posted in a while. Anyway ... I have taken a position at our Phoenix AZ facility which is creating an opening here in PA.

We are a small (20 employees, 3 Mills, 3 Lathes, Wire EDM, Small Toolroom) Job Shop with a very focused market. Located near Philadelphia, PA we offer a pleasant atmosphere and working conditions and a great bunch of guys to work with. Very little BS and a true Team environment. The VP here is first class. As I said we have a 2nd shop in Phoenix but we operate as one.

Below is a draft of the job description. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. In a couple of days the position will be posted on our website WEBSITE with the ability to fill out an online application. You can also email your resume' to me.

We also have a 2nd shift Lathe programmer/operator position available.

quote:

JOB DESCRIPTION

Job Title: CNC Programmer / Manufacturing Engineer

Department: Engineering

Supervises: None

A. Position Summary

1. Engineer and implement manufacturing processes in the CNC machining areas for the successful fulfillment of the production schedule. Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of CNC programming, materials, processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, to facilitate production and continuous improvement.

2. Program CNC Mills, Wire EDM and Lathes using MasterCam software.

3. Design fixtures and tooling required for production.

4. Reports directly to Vice President.

B. Specific Duties

1. Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, procedures, work instructions, sketches, CAD models, and process drawings to determine tooling requirements and machine set-ups to manufacture a wide range of components using CNC machine tools.

2. Develop, evaluate, and implement superior manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and production equipment capabilities.

3. Design fixtures and tooling as required for production using Cadkey / Keycreator software.

4. Coordinate with manufacturing team concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Direct and assist employees in other departments in analyzing blueprints, specifications, set-ups, and operation of all department equipment.

5. Write CNC Programs Using MasterCam software in compliance with the Manufacturing and Quality Plan.

6. Facilitate or perform set-up and prove out of new CNC programs adjusting tool paths, speeds and feeds for optimized processes.

7. Troubleshoot CNC machining processes when required.

8. Alert management to discrepancies in manufacturing plans.

9. Coordinate with team leaders to schedule activities and facilitate the production goals of the departments.

10. Consult with management, quality, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production processes, and other considerations to facilitate the timely completion of production schedules.

11. Recommend measures to improve manufacturing throughput, equipment performance, and quality of products.

12. Upon request, estimate production cycle times, yield, and scrap and provide this information for management decisions.

13. As required by job needs, originate purchase requisitions for tools, fixtures, and supplies.

14. Identify Work in Process problems affecting the manufacture of products, recommend solutions, and take appropriate action to prevent reoccurrence; troubleshoot manufacturing problems causing dimensional variations and non-conformances.

15. Maintain electronic and hardcopy CNC program files.

C. Work Experience

The ideal candidate for this position should have 7-10 Years CNC machining and / or Programming experience including a minimum of 3 years programming using MasterCam software.

Optionally 7-10 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience including 5 years directly involved in CNC machining including a minimum of 3 years programming using MasterCam software.

CAM teh "but its a dry heat" firebounce.gif

CAM - Good luck, hope all goes well for you!

Lets also hope the air conditioner in Phoenix works!!! 110 to 116 deg F. on a regular basis thru the summer. Like living in a pizza oven. (I know, I lived there, Glendale and Peoria, for almost 5 years. Never was able to get used to it)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

After coming in here some people may be intimidated now. You know they've seen the alpha dogs and they know they're not alpha dogs themselves.

Any time I ever put anything up... interest is always minimal (one or two inquiries at most). Perhaps everybody is working, or nobody wants to relocate???

James teh these people need to start steppin' up to the plate and takin' some hacks!!! You're never gonna get a hit if you don't swing the bat...

Thanks BerTau ... people I have talked to either seem to love it or hate out there I guess I will find out. My 17yo daughter has informed me that a pool is a requirement.

Millman, Thanks ... statistacaly speaking 1 resume' from here is probably worth 10 from elsewhere.

Gregg, thats great ... we are in Delaware County, PA which is about 10 Miles South of Philly, no philly wage Tax ... The local town here does however have their own wage tax of 1%.

James, do you mean that you think some forum members / visitors might feel their skill is not to the level of some of the regulars here ?

I used to warm my shorts in the dryer now I'll use the freezer - different appliances that's all"

CAM teh "rationalizer"

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James, do you mean that you think some forum members / visitors might feel their skill is not to the level of some of the regulars here ?

Yeah pretty much. I know how I feel when I see guys that are better than I am, sometimes it gets imtimidating and you being to doubt yourself. Not everybody can shake that and say to themselves "I'll give it a shot..."

JM2C

Update - more information on the position including $$$ & bennies can now be viewed at http://cpwest.com/CNC%20Prog%20ap.htm

An online application can be filled out at http://cpwest.com/application_for_employment.htm

General company info available at http://cpwest.com

Also, James may have hit on a good point ... if anyone is perhaps underestimating their MC skills, or feel thay are strong in Milling but not EDM or turning, please don't let that discourage you. Milling is our primary need we can work with the other areas. In addition, I will still be available to work with the chosen canidate as required. It is just NOT an entry level position.

you can still email me with questions.

Thanks

CAM teh "I used to warm up the car ... now I'll just cool it down"

[ 05-21-2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

James... you hit it on the head for me personally on both accounts. I undoubtedly(?) feel inferior as far as my abilities when comparing to the rest of the forum members. i don't even begin to scratch the surface of using Mastercam to its full capabilities. I would love to see it in full use to see how close i am but unfortuneatly i live in an area where apparently there aren't many Mastercam users in this forum frown.gif .

I also would have a hard time relocating out of the general area, let alone the state without losing a wife and 2 kids (my wife is really close to her family, and i'm kind of partial to mine as well wink.gif ).

The bottom line is deciding to uproot your family and take a chance in another part of the country is probably one of the toughest (if not toughest) decisions one will make in their lifetime.

like someone said earlier, i resume from here is probably equal to 10 from elsewhere. i guess my point is this: don't stop posting job openings on here. i believe that it certainly doesn't hurt, and you never know when you might find the next great Mastercam programmer. i for one will continue to read them all and look for a situation that fits my situation.