Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.mc9 to .mc7 ???

robk

I know that I could save the geometry as .mc8 from V9.1, but can I save as .mc7? The file does not have any toolpaths, so that is of no concern. I know that I could do another format such as igs, but I would rather use native mastercam if possible. Affraid of tolerancing getting thrown all around.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No. You can only go back 1 Version. If you want to go from 9 to 7 you'll need to install 8. If you want to go to 6, you'll need to install 7, and 6 would not hurt so you can test it.

From 9, File, converters, Next menu, Save as MC8. Exit V9. Open V8, File get, (go get it), then next menu, Save AS MC7.

HTH

quote:

mc9 to mc7=Moving forward in Reverse.

LOL biggrin.gif

I fully agree Jer, but the shop that is making the fixturing for our new machine has only V7. They use CadKey for CAD software, and @ this point I have no time to re-tolerance everything. This was much quicker