Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Too big to process.

Mekanikal

Check if your pc supports hibernation and if yes better assign it with your power off key of your computer. This way before leaving you can just put your computer to hibernation and power off your computer then next day as you switch it on it will automatically start mastercam from remaining processing.

Use batch mode

quote:

Post processing toolpath operations in batch mode lets you to separate post processing from other Mastercam design and toolpath generation activities and maximize use of your Mastercam system and machine tools.

The Mastercam Batch Manager controls batch mode post processing. It offers features that let you:

¨ Generate the toolpath (that is, the binary NCI file) with or without generating the NC program.

¨ Select toolpath operations for batch processing from any MC9 file, not just from the current file.

¨ Automatically submit toolpath operations for batch processing by selecting the "to batch" toolpath parameter.

¨ Create, save, and rerun batch files (*.BCH), and edit batch files directly using a file editor.

¨ Automate toolpath regeneration and file saves of batched operations.

¨ Easily copy batched operations into separate MC9 files.

¨ Set time limits on batched operations.

¨ Post to multiple NCI destinations using multiple post processors.

¨ Log batch processing operations.

HTH

WTHH

Jay I am using 9.1 sp2 and we are not on maintenance the toolpath which is taking time is leftover(normally). and usually the model have more than 6000 surfaces. I got p4 512mb ram. I don't have any problem with toolpath only thing is some time it takes so long that after half processing I have to leave, then next day I have to regenrate whole thing again.

Cadist's idea of sending pc in hibernation seems to be the solution. Thanks.

+1000 to Rekd !

That`s what I mean !

Also you can set the batch queue to batch more than one MC9 file .

The batch manager will save results ,that means that it is extra safety

A log file will have all the error messages ,if any .

This is a great thing .

But there are ways to speed calculation too .

Generally for my Plentium 4 -2400 with 1g ram and for moderate parts and good surface smoothness I hardly can remember calculation time more than 4 hours ,which is extraordinal ,for me 30 min is a lot ,I know the ways to help Mastercam to speed calculation ,like to select for toolpath and for check surfaces only really needed surfaces instead of all solid with 6666 faces .

My average calculation time 5-15 minutes and I tend co calculate toolpathes step by step ,first rough toolpath and run it ,then finish toolpath

and run them too .

The good thing is to exagerate at first settings select them really coarse only to check toolpath ,if it is good in principle ,and after that change settings for right one and regenerate .

HTH

WTHH

Well I was looking at the new speed of alot of the surface paths in te March maint release & they save alott of time.

You might want to talk with your dealer and see with one of your files how much faster it might crunch.

[ 05-30-2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: cadcam, From Precision Programming ]

quote:

If so this will not help you then if there is not power at all to the computer then hibernat will not work

What's that, I am using hibernation, switching off main and everything and next day it resumes from the same point. how's that cuckoo.gif

Cadist, very cool feature. I had never heard of it before. This looks like exactly what Mekanikal needs.

Jay, hibernation allows you to turn off the power to the computer and still start up where you left off. (it is in power management in control panel)

I LOVE this place - where else can you find such useful information!!!

Bernie teh chips in socks, not in fur.

Jay hibernation was meant for such purpose only. As soon as you activate it, it copies all the running process and status to hard drive and saves there. So when you next time start pc it resumes the last process. They have mentioned in their help file that you should have free hard disk space equal to your ram. So once the data is saved to hard disk swithing off power doesn't affect.

And thanks Bartau it really feels nice to be appreciated by a senior member. cheers.gif

Hi guys I just did my home work I was under the impression from a few years back that this still had to have power because it used a small amount to contain info in to the chips for the active stuff running.

So before I went and said some thing again, I did my own test on my thought.

I used to run this all the time.

I unpluged the power and still came back correctly.Sorry.