Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Freakin Bad A$$

Rick McAllister

quote:

I saw one of these at Westec last year.

Hi Gcode,,In the video you can see the reflection of the people walking around at the show in the glass. This design is still faily new compaired to seasoned cnc styles, I would imagine that they will get bigger and better if(or as) they get more popular.

I saw the milling machine last year at Westec also. I talked to the operator and he said the programming was the same as any other cnc mill. At the time they had just sold 6 machines to Lexus for machining aluminum castings. I thing that machine is by far the coolest cnc machine I have ever seen. It is very original and innovative.

quote:

I would imagine that they will get bigger and better if(or as) they get more popular

I think the salesman told me they cost about $350K each. They were very light duty. To me it looked like the weak link is the spindle drive.

I think the spindle at the show was driven by a flexible cable like a rotto rooter.