Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printer

Brandi

I am using a HP 1050c plus printer and can not get it to print correctly. When it will print, I can only use "custom" print size and then the Prev/move screen comes up blank. Is anyone else using this printer and if so, What driver are you using and does it work correctly?

banghead.gifcurse.gif

Brandi,

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

I can't help you on this one, but I do share your misery with HP printers. I have a all-in-one machine (Office Jet 630) and every time I print something, it runs through all the checks...testing communications, speed dial ?, blah blah blah...etc. This takes about 30-45 seconds before it will print. Then if I want to print another page, it does it all over again! curse.gif I feel your pain.

Thad

We just got one a few months back. Works great. Unlike the piece-o-crap hp450c we used to have.

Printer is connected directly into our lan - I didn't set it up so I don't know the settings. sorry. frown.gif

Windows xp sp1

MC 9.1sp2

printer on a Standard tcp/ip port.

--Protocol: Raw

--Port:9100

printer not shared.

under advanced tab:

--print processor : WinPrint;Raw

The about button gives:

--HP DesignJet Printer Driver v4.63

--HP copyright 1995

--Microsoft copyright 1992

Hope that helps.

Bryan smile.gif

Brandi,

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I do alot of printing, using both a Designjet 350c Plotter and also a Deskjet 820 Cxi for hardcopies.

Are you plotting or hardcopying?

If you are Just hardcopying there is not too much to set and there is no prev/move screen, what you see is what you get.

If you are plotting, now this is a different animal altogether. You have to set up your Windows Driver and then your Dos drver so that you get a preview screen the same size as your actual paper.

I have a routing I use that I could post for you if you like.

Let me know, if I can be of further assisstance.

Lee.

quote:

If you are plotting, now this is a different animal altogether. You have to set up your Windows Driver and then your Dos drver so that you get a preview screen the same size as your actual paper.

You can set your most common settings in configuration file using command

screen->configure

quote:

You can use the Plotter Settings tab of the System Configuration dialog box (Main Menu, Screen, Configure, Plotter Settings) to set default parameters for plotting with a Windows driver. Laser printers often use a Windows driver. When you select a Windows driver, the driver determines what you can do to the plot image.

For more information, see Changing plotter settings.

1. To select or change the Windows driver, choose Main Menu, Next menu, Plot.

2. If the Win driver option is N or if you want to select a different Windows driver, choose Win driver. The Print dialog box opens.

3. Select the driver you want to use from the Printer Name drop down list, then choose OK.

4. Choose Main Menu, Screen, Configure. The System Configuration dialog box opens.

5. Choose the Plotter settings tab.

6. Highlight and enter plotter settings. Highlight and enter each value you want to use. For a definition of each setting, click on ? in the upper-right corner then on the setting in the dialog box.

7. Choose Setup to enter driver-specific parameters. Choose OK to register the settings. The System Configuration dialog box reopens.

8. Do one of the following:

¨ Choose OK to enact all settings from all tabs and close the dialog box.

Choose Yes to update the current Configuration File. Choose No to use the settings only for the current Mastercam session.

¨ Choose Cancel to abandon all changes made to this as well as to other tabs and close the dialog box.

Notes:

¨ To change to a DOS driver, clear Use Windows driver. The System Configuration DOS driver Plotter Settings dialog box opens.

¨ During operation, you can select the type of driver and also change the default parameters by choosing Main Menu, Screen, Next menu, Plot, Chg params.

Teh headscratch.gif

[ 06-28-2004, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Winnie Teh Pooh ]

Hey All.

To get a correct sized preview box, you have to set the dos driver settings to the same size and orientation as your paper is set in your windows driver settings.

I know it's hoky, but that is how it is.

Lee the plotter man. ( I probably do more plotting than machining) smile.gif