Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T job opening - So Cal

BernieT

Job Opening ----

Small shop in Oxnard, Ca needs a Mastercam programmer. (approx 60 miles NW of LA)(about 1 mile from Haas plant)

98% of job is 3D machining of Aluminum fixtures on Haas VMC’s

They have 2 seats of Mastercam Design w/Solids and 2 seats of Mill level 3 w/Solids.

Willing to train someone who has manual machining background and some Mastercam experience

Needs to be reasonably computer literate

Spanish spoken / English necessary

-------------

I have been helping out Part Time but don't want to take on full time job. I will still be around for training and excess work.

E-mail me and I will return contact info.

cheers.gif

sorry bertau, hijack;

quote:

__________________________________________________My company eliminated all CNC operations two weeks ago

sounds to me they will be eliminating all positions shortly with that philosiphy.

what goes thru peeps heads with that logic cuckoo.gif

good luck in your search bernie,

trevor

We had a WFR "workforce reduction". All of us who had been in our CNC cell were demoted back to our old jobs. We were basically a maintenance job shop that was operating within the frame work of the engineering department. We were making consumable parts and cloned OEM parts that were no longer available. We were doing parts for a total of 13 plants company wide. We had over 1100 part numbers that we produced, and in the last 4 years had saved the company over

$5 million dollars for spare parts.

We merged with another company that didn't do this kind of stuff, and since their CEO became the CEO of the merged companies, we aren't doing it now either.

The WFR came about because we had to save $100 million dollars in merger expenses.

We still have the machines, 3 lathes and 3 mills, Mastercam, and 4 very talented people(blush).

What we don't have is very good attitudes.