Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dual monitors!!!

Roger Peterson

Here we go, about to jump into the 21st century. I've done some searching and I just want to confirm a few things.

1. Does the NVIDIA Gforce FX 5700 supports dual monitors, this is a bit sketchy from the info I am finding on the net. Does it support dual analog, or does the second need to be digital?

2. Can I have a session of Mastercam open on each screen? Is it possible with any card to have one big session of Mastercam open on both screens?

3. Does the card come with the adapter needed to run two analog monitors? Does the software needed come with the monitor, or is it part of the detonator driver?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions but this will get me going, thank you for the help! cheers.gif

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 5700 card.

Dual monitors are supported. My card did come with an adapter so two analog monitors can be connected, and the software is included in the NVIDIA driver.

I have seen (but not tried) a Mastercam session open across two monitors, and it is also posible to have a Mastercam session open on each monitor.

Roger, your in for a real treat with the dual monitors! The 5700 runs dual analog right out of the box, comes with the needed DVI adapter (digital output to analog) for the digital output.

The driver/software is a standard Nvidia "Dualview" version, which I beleive is automatically enabled just by switching to dual-monitor mode in the windows control panel >display>properties dialog.

"Dualview" allows for total customization of how you'd like both monitors to behave..i.e. one-big desktop, clone (same on both), application specific (mastercam always opens on one side, Solidworks on the other, etc). Yes, you can run a session of Mcam on each monitor, just fine.

Anyhow, lots of features to play with there. Have fun! smile.gif