Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help please comunications/posting

sike

Ok here is my problem when sending back a program from the machine to my pc for storage and back up through master cam it is putting end of blocks in on every second line which creates a huge problem when sending program to machine next time round as im sure you all know if there and end of block and no data it will repeat previous line.

i know i could just delete in the machine but lets face it doing this to a 5000 line programs a joke any help would be appreciated.

to add to that another problem ive encounted is on a RH tapping cyle it will 99 percent of the time start spindle cw (G74) direction but occasionaly it will post ccw (G84). i have dicovered this sfternoon it may possibly be from a mirrored drawing and tool pathscould this be reversing the spindle even though i have i have selected the correct tapp and spindle orientation.

has any one else ever encounted this.

Thanx again

Sike

Don't know about the first problem but as a workaround you can use CimcoEdit and select 'Remove Empty Lines' from the 'NC Functions' menu to clean up your programs. I have seen the second problem a couple of times but only if there was zero RPM specified for the tap

C

Hello Sike,

What communications package are you using for upload/download to your machine(s)? Is it CimcoEdit? Be sure that all of the comm. settings on yuor machine and your PC are correct and compatible. I've seen the problem you describe happen when there is a parity error between the two communicating devices. If you're using Cimco for communicating you can force it to strip blank lines on recieve by checking the appropriate box in [setup]

dnc.jpg

Dunno about your spindle question . sorry

hth

-KLG

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok here is my problem when sending back a program from the machine to my pc for storage and back up through master cam it is putting end of blocks in on every second line which creates a huge problem when sending program to machine next time round as im sure you all know if there and end of block and no data it will repeat previous line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like while translating translating program from computer sends both CR and LF so Fanuc interprets one of them (LF ?} as empty line

Changes settings in Cimco for /13 or /10 only and try .

tr.bmp

One of them must work