Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Layoff round 4

EZ3PUTT

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, you never want to burn bridges obviously, but you want to be in a position where unreasonable demands can be met with reason if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

Yeah, Boeing pretty much agreed to allow overseas production/machining in exchange for sales. Not a bad business model.

Hey Franco, besides you they also laid off the only other guy who occasionally reads this forum at this company. I can now state what a disorganized, poorly run, and terminally doomed place this is. It's all about ridin' the wave 'till whatever happens happens. I'm fortunate, in a way I guess, that I made less than you, Mr. McAllister and Mr. Kallhoff but without the big chambers and various other large horizontal jobs coming in I guess they can toss aside bright and talented people who are at the top of the game in this trade. Anybody who has worked here wil agree it's in your best interest to be out the way things go down here.

Besides, it's a FRENCH Corporation. F' em

LMAO! A-Ron, I will truly miss working beside you. We had some good times in that chamber, I mean proramming room. biggrin.gif James, funny you should ask, I got an e-mail from a buddy who works in Livermore about a job! Luckily it's in the reverse commute direction but I would be willing to commute if it's the right package. Was it Niles Machine you were referring too? Take care guys. cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually it was Precision Technologies that I was thinking of. It's right over next to the airport pretty much. They have a Mori Seiki Pallet Pool system too.

Aaron,Nick,

Wow didn't think Toby would get dumped by all those Magic loyalists. Didn't know he frequented the forum anymore either tho. That's why I thought it was you bro. Well I guess that just shows how little regard they have for people with skillz, but when you look at the last 600-700 people to get shoved out the door it does tell you they really just don't care about the people anyway skillz or not. They'll just borrow some more money from the mothership and keep bumbling along........Just sad

Anybody getting laid off want to come work out this direction? Coming from Cali the cost of living will not be hard to adjust to. We have an opening for another programmer. Most important thing is that you're a better MCAMer than me... I'm not so good on the 3D surface model type stuff. 5ax CMS wood router and another machine to be determined is in the works. Email me through my profile for more details.

Rick

Damn, the old lady's to do list has me workin harder than I did at work! biggrin.gif Have 2 strong leads that I'm workin on. One's a nice drive and the other has a lot of people I have worked with in the past. That always makes it easier. Thanks a lot for asking, I will keep ya posted. cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...