Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FTP to Roku Roku

Having file transfer problems with a new Roku Roku Mill with FTP network connection (not serial). The service tech that hooked up this machine installed LAN Workplace Pro for Windows 95/NT40 on a PC next to the machine. A small "Serving FTP" window is always displayed on the desktop. This setup works only half the time and the PC has to be continually rebooted to get it to work. The service tech says its the only way he knows how to hook the Roku up via FTP and has no other solutions headscratch.gif .

Ftp is not a connection ,it is a command ,part of TCP/Ip protocol .

Knowing network address of your machine card you can connect to it with any ftp client .

But I am very skeptic ,I would better believe it is NetbeUI protocol

`````````````

NetBIOS Extended User Interface (NetBEUI) is suited for use in small workgroups or LANs. You can install a NetBIOS gateway and the NetBEUI client protocol on all remote access servers running Windows 2000 and most Windows networking clients. Previous Windows NT remote access clients, LAN Manager remote access clients, MS-DOS remote access clients, and Windows for Workgroups remote access clients may use NetBEUI. NetBEUI is not routable, and the only configuration required for the protocol is a computer name.

For information about configuring a connection, see To configure a connection.

````````````````

I think you miss data and this guy with a laptop was lamer .

We have a roku-roku. I do not beieve there are accomodations for network devices in it. We have had very few problems with the ftp.

Just out of curiousity, do you have to completely re-boot, or can you simply close down the ftpo window and re-start it. You might want to give that a try.

The roku-roku communicates using the ftp protocall. The Lan Workplace Pro is a software that enables ftp communications. To compare, I would say it is like the choice of explorer, netscape, or mozzilla for web browsing. They all use the same protocalls to accomplish the same goal.

When I established the network connections on my machine I had constant problems because we were going through a secondary hub. I would have to restart the software constantly to reestablish the connection. banghead.gif

I had our IT department pull me off the hub and install dedicated connection to the main network and have not had any problems since.

Just a thought.