Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Table Re-Order

Mick

I've been tuning MPMaster for the Okuma, and I want to output the tooltable at the start of the file with the tool numbers in order, and also output the MIN/MAX values at each end of the tool table lines. Is there any way to do this?

I'm used to tweaking posts, butI cant work out how I could re-order, and add the min/max depth output.

Cheers smile.gif

In order to could reorder the tool table, you will have to write the tool table (including the min/max values) to a buffer in the pwrtt postblock, and then set up a postblock which reorders the lines by tool number and outputs the tool table. The postblock which reorders (and outputs) the tool table should then be called in the psof postblock.

Thanks for the reply Christian. I can understand writing the information to a buffer (I guessed that was what was required) but I dont know what "maths" is required to reorder the tools.

This post processor is just about exactly how I want it, apart from this tool reordering and min/maz output at the tool table, and since its a rainy day, I thought it would a good time to sort it out smile.gif

Cheers

do a search on buffers it was covered very well by 2 of the Mastercam CNC guys and they even put up example post ni the post or txt directy to show how to use buffers effectively. I am currently working on a Vb set-up sheet taking for antoehr perosn one for word and developing it for Excel. My problem is getting operation groups divided out with the corrsponding tools then getting everything to export to the correct cells with the right format when alot what you need to work for Excel is not in Mastercam but in Excel. I feel I can accomplish this with alot of help but hoping ot learn soemthing for the great help I will get. The point is I still can not figure out buffers as hard as I try. They work and ot those that know them they work well but I have tried on over a dozen attmepts to make them do stuff and to me that are worst than greek. I think I will master Vb before I can get the greek out of the buffers. I wish you luck but I would up the creek without a paddle if this were soewmthing I felt like I could not live without if I could then I would not bat an eye trying to do such a task. Good lukc and let us know how you come out.

I know what you mean Ron smile.gif . I got the output for the min/max values at the header, but they're about 3 out (the min/max for T1 is output for T4 etc)

I'll do a search, and see what I can find. I do notice the InHouse Solutions setup sheet outputs the tooltable in order, which is also what I want to achieve. Hehehe....maybe I should quit the tooltable, and just use the setup sheet smile.gif

Cheers

Ok, well, I've managed to get the output I want (without the tool table re-ordering the tools by number :/)

The one thing I can't get it to do, is output the min/max values both at the tool table, plus at the start of the actual tool sequence. Basically I want to re-use the buffer values.

I did search through the forum, and found the threads you mentioned Ron. I also read through the buffer section of the post manual as well. I guess being a non-software programmer, makes it hard for me to understand. I sure as h*** dont understand it yet :/

Still, I think I'll labour away until I master it smile.gif

Cheers

To reuse the min/max values at the toolchange, you will have to scan the buffer for the entry matching the tool at the toolchange.

To sort the tools by tool number, you need a sorting algorithm. A good method is this:

Compare entry 1 and entry 2. If entry 1 is higher than entry 2, replace entry 1 with entry 2 and vice versa.

Repeat for entry 2 and 3 (where entry 2 might be the original entry 1), then for entry 3 and 4, and so on until entry n-1 and entry n, where n is the total number of entries.

Repeat the process, but stop at entry n-2 and n-1

Repeat the process more times, each time stopping one step earlier, until the only comparison is entry 1 and 2. Then the tool list is sorted.

If you use the same tool twice in the program, then there will still be two entries for that tool in the tool table, and the scan for min/max values will find the min/max values for the first instance of the tool at both toolchanges.

That problem can also be solved, by going through the tool list and combining any double entries into one. That should be done after sorting the tool list, as it is much easier to do that at that time.

Well that problem is quit logical. The Z is never really expressed it is implied for the controller to read. If you are cutting on plane G18 or G19 and make an arc move that covers 180 degrees then the Z min and Z max the program has in essence could be Z0 but the part be 6" deep. So you know would need ot create a point capture command to analize the whole command and in essesnce run ti through a complete simulation to see where it truely went thus this would become a problem becuase the command would have to be intutive to G18 or G19 and understand how they work and there relationship to the cooridante sytem for the outputed code. Seems all crazy just would need to do as stated an alograthim to analze and create the code but also capture it's maz and min travel at the same time. I say good luck!!!