Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MR0304 memory use

gcode

In V8 thru V9SP2 I have always used a ramdisk

for my TEMP and REGEN folder. This has always worked well and resulting in worthwhile performance gains. This is especially true when

working with large solid models.

It is not working in MR0304. I've edited Screen/Config/Files to route TEMP and REGEN to

my ramdisk. The problem is data is still being written to MC9/COMMON/TEMP. The system is creating

2 copies of BNCI.BIN. One is going to my ramdrive,

the other to the default COMMOM/TEMP.

Obviously this is causing trouble. The Ops Manager will go dirty with no warning, loosing all chaining and surfacing data.

Is anyone else trying to run a ramdisk with MR0304 and have you found a solution???

Gcode .

What do you have in your cfg file :

similar to this ?

~~~~~~~~~~~

416. Temporary data path? c:mcam9sp2commontemp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

or something else

Look in ascii editor like notepad .

Also do you use setdir.dll ?

If yes try not t0 use it once and compare ...

HTH

Winnie.

I've changed this line

Temporary data path? c:mcam9sp2commontemp

to this

Temporary data path? E:temp (E is my ramdisk)

The system is still making a copy of BNCI.BIN

in the COMMON/TEMP folder.

You can try this without a ramdisk by making

COMMONTEMP1 and edit the path accordingly.

The system will still write create a BNCI.BIn

in the old COMMONTEMP folder.

edit: this is only true in MR0304- SP2 works fine

try this

append :mcam9sp2commontemp

;e:temp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Append

Enables programs to open data files in specified folders as if these files were in the current folder.

The specified folders are called appended folders because, for the sake of opening data files, they can be found as if they were appended to the current folder.

append [;] [[drive:]path[;...]] [/x:{on | off}][/path:{on | off}] [/e]

Parameters

;

Cancels the list of appended folders.

[drive:]path

Specifies the drive (if other than the current drive) and folder that you want to append to the current folder. You can specify multiple entries of [drive:]path, separating the entries with semicolons. When used by itself, append cancels the existing list of appended folders.

/x:{on | off}

Specifies whether the MS-DOS subsystem is to search appended folders when executing programs. If you use the /x:on switch, the program does search appended folders. If you use the /x:off switch, the program does not search appended folders. You can abbreviate /x:on to /x. If you want to specify /x:on, you must do it the first time you use append after starting your system. After that, you can switch between /x:on and /x:off.

/path:{on | off}

Specifies whether a program is to search appended folders for a data file when a path is already included with the name of the file the program is looking for. The default setting is /path:on.

/e

Assigns the list of appended folders to an environment variable named APPEND. This switch can be used only the first time you use append after starting your system. If you use /e, you can use the set command to display the list of appended folders. For information about environment variables, click set in the Related Topics list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

HTH

Teh oldstyler