Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

This is Bad - Help Pleases

mold100

Okay V 8.1.1, I know we will be updateing. Anyhow, process time here on not big files is rediculous, so I did some testing and installed MC on a couple differant CPUs, well I called in a file from the slug (Which is a 3.0 intel, 1gig ram) into another computer and tried to regen a path and boom allocation to low error (I dont think thats an issue because they are set to just above 500) so okay moved on to another seat same thing, sent the file back home to friend in Pa, with V9 sp2, boom same thing, then heres the kicker, now every file he opens and us get the same error, even files that where pre-existing and much larger. I scanned the file shows no virus it was originally a parasolid from Solidworks 2001. I have seen a lot of problems but never this.

Mold 100 this might help but then again might not. I run version 8 MC and in the past have brought in lots of parasolid files that were created in UG. However some surfaces are nearly always corrupted but even though i do a 'check model'and everything seems to be ok i still get long delays in the crunching of programs. To speed things up i started to send surfaces that i did not need for programming to another level, this nearly always helps but sometimes not. I would then program with only some of the surfaces increasing more if no problems until i hit the batch which identifies the problem surface. Then i usually delete this surface and create my own in mastercam run the whole program again overwriting where needed and all is well.

V9 probably would be better but money is everything and everything costs money.

That's wierd Mold100, I wish I knew what was happening to your file.

I have run into that in the past when I was using Ver 8 with Win 2k.

I am thinking it is a Windows thing, but I'm not to technical....

All I know is that I changed stuff and got it to work.

Don't overlook chaining tolerances and patches per surface.

On one file I think all I did was raise the patches per surface tolerance and it fixed it.

HTH

Murlin

Murlin, it is 2000, I will try the patches thing but they love solids - a processing issue from the get go.

Alan, I generally do the same and machine only what I need, However now in a new shop as foreman my programmers have had zero training and are pretty green and I havent had time to sit with them, One use 8.1.1 and the other Smartcam V7 freefom(yep I started with that 10 years ago YUK) so I have been trying to get him (the mastercammer) to address the issue the best he can.