Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can someone take a look

Frank

Hey all: It really seems like I only post on this forum when I need help. Which is true, but I'm always reading, and learning from everyone else's post's. I don't do a lot of 3d work, and my fearless leader, thinks that with Mastercam all you have to do is click cut it and it figures the rest out (maybe in X). Anyway I put a file on the ftp site in the MC9 folder labeled motor mount wall. And if someone could take a look, and advise me on how to cut it. I am currently using a 1.00 bullnose w/.250 rad. and probably should put a finish pass on it with a .500 ball. What kind of paths should I take (it's aluminium). And what paths would put a nice finish around the post that are sticking up.

Thanks Again,

Frank

First of all, I would rotate the part so that it is flat, like sitting in a vise. Then translate the part to set up your origin. I'm not sure if you have to cut only one side or both, but since it is pretty flat, I would start with a surface finish parallel (since it's alum). I would then use a scallop to finish it. I've never cut any parts that are this shallow, so this may not be the best advice. Maybe others can advise.

Thad

Actually, I am running a whole block, and this one surface, is the one I'm having problems with. This is just a lightning cut, and it's cutting about 6 motor mount holes that are no longer needed. I have the block on a vertical machine and am rolling it around to the different faces. That one happens to be at 45°.

Thanks