Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video cards and processors

Micromoldmaker

Welcome aboard. One thing thats not touched on to much is what other software will be on Computer. I use a Nvidia Geforce 5700 256 meg card which no issues with MC but I have screen glitches with Solidworks. Its minor but I find myself minimizing and maximizing screen anytime I open another file in Sworks. Just something to consider is looking for a card recommended for multiple softwares. I knew I would have issues with Solidworks but when it comes to MC it is worth it. I also use Dual monitors with the card and it was relitivley inexpensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all.

I did a search on Video and decided to bump this thread.

I'm getting BSOD on a parts system:

Win 2K pro

ASUS A7N8X2.0

AMD 3200+ Socket A

1 total Gig dual channel

FX5200 video

I did a fresh install of Nvidia system drivers and have been checking daily to see if some network driven update was altering them. This morning they did not seem to have been changed.

The IT guy hates this thing because it's not a Dell. Is there a likely video upgrade to something like a Quadro that makes sense to do that will be cost effective and play well with MC9, Solidworks and X?