Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

renaming nci names

Hi all,

here is a new chook.

www.gmccs.de/downloads/chgnci_e.zip

It can rename all the nci names of your operations in a second.

chgnci_e.gif

You can use the group names as prefix or a name entered in 'NCI-Name' as prefix.

If you just want to name them as numbers, then leave 'NCI-Name' empty and uncheck all check boxes.

Have fun with it. wink.gif

quote:

how do I use it from here?

Derek,

With the MC9 file open, hit Alt+C to bring up the chook box. Select chgnci.dll and OK. The dialog box should come up like the pic in Gismo's post. Set it how you want and click OK.

BTW, did you *unzip* the file to your chook folder or just move the zipped file there? You have to unzip it there.

Thad

quote:

but what would be the purpose of changing the nci file?

somename,

People use it for different things. Here's how I use it. We make alot of shown and opposite parts. Since Toolpath-Transform-Mirror is buggy at best, I mirror the part and re-save Det1 as Det1A. Then I reverse my chains and regen. Now when I post the new mirrored files, they default to the name of the original files (Det1), not Det1A. It gets this name from the nci file. If I change the nci name to Det1A, then it defaults to Det1A when I go to post my files. Maybe others can give more examples.

Thad

quote:

are seq start/seq inc in the op parameter page the same thing? I have never known what they were for.

Derek,

The sequence numbers in the parameter page are the line numbers. The start number is the first line number to use and the "inc" or increment is how to number from there on out. For example, if you had "seq start 10" and "seq inc 2" , your posted code would start with line number 10 and then continue line 12, 14, 16, 18, etc. I've changed my DF9 file so all programs always start at 1 and increment by 1. Some of MC's defaults are goofy. smile.gif

Thad

Bruce,

If you put your different setups in different groups, you can easily change the nci the "old way." You could have:

Group 1 - top face 1010

Group 2 - front face 5010

Group 3 - right face 2010

Then in the ops mgr, select the group, right click-options-change nci destination.

Thad

Thad,

I do this now. The problem is that we use a different nci for each tool and use them in a sub programme. So on the front face I could have from 5010 to 5140 in increments of 10. If I have 20 tools in one face and 30 in another ie 2010 - 2300 and I use Gismos chook, I end up with all 5000 series programmes. It is not a common way of doing things but it works well when we need to make changes to a tool.

Bruce