Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change NCI dramas

Bruce Caulley

Every now and then when I need to alter the NCI on a single operation group, I right click-options-change nci destination and then instead of getting a window nothing happens. I have tried re-booting but this does not work all the time. This has been an issue for a while and not just since playing around with the changenci c-hook. banghead.gif

Bruce

It may look strange , but most of the issues

of file ->get ,file-save like this can have connection to display driver problems

try two things :

a. downrate hardware acceleration to one notch

b.

Run Cnc Regedit program and change style for file-get dialog

Also try to avoid windows schemes ,always use Windows standart

On the main desktop free space make right click

->properties->appearance->scheme->windows standart

It has a long trail of issues with this for some graphic cards ,do not use new XP funky style ,make it look like windows 200 classic ,no background textures ,it will never hurt anyway and can help too

Best regards

I'll clarify.

The computer doesn't lock up, I just dont get the window. When this happems I use the change nci tick box in the tool parameters page. I only re-boot to see if I have picked up a conflicting configuration from the network. This is a nuisance that occurs occasionally.

quote:

It may look strange , but most of the issues

of file ->get ,file-save like this can have connection to display driver problems

This is not a file get , file save issue.

Thanks anyway

Bruce

Bunny,

I see now where you are coming from. If it was a hardware accel issue would it happen all the time and not just now and then?

Hardmill,

NCI path is ok.

I think that this and other niggles that I have are caused by moving from one PC to another depending on what shift I am on. I am one of three permanant programmers but we share two MC dongles between 3 pc's. One is just a standard pentium 4 but the others are a xeon and a twin xeon, both with all the bells and whistles.

Bruce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see now where you are coming from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually you never know ,when and why hardware

compatability issue can catch you .

Nor that I am stubborn ,simply it is a fact .

I am also not sure that it is a case ,but I saw similar cases so why not to test this option ?

Just to hijack a thread a bit I dealed a lot

with software and OS emulation on various systems and this can be sometimes a real mess and it is not a stable thing (it can happen today and return after three weeks ) - too much factors

Now as I see you move from PC to Pc doing your work .

As a backnote do you know you can run MC9 in such a way

...mill9.exe ..mycustomconfig.cfg

or

mill9.exe mycustomconfig.cfg

or better put in every computer your custom cfg file licked with all the pathes correct to this computer and all the other things and write a simple batch file to run it ?

Just a thought .

Best regards

Also take note of this :

Mastercam does not support multiedit of the same file with the different sessions on the same or different pc`es like Autocad has (a setting for file locking for multiedit ).

This may cause a helluva lot of different problems and crashes ,and things hard to imaging .

Think about permitions and rights for your users on different comps with different user accounts and provide such a strategy that this may never happen !

(that`s what my humble person did in our subnet :

every user can have only read access to directories of others and no access to cnc directotry of noone ,except his own .the sharing happens when user place a copy of file on the special directory for changes on HIS computer ,others can copy it to his work directory ,but original file stays intact and safe )

sounds a bit complex ,but after a short time everyone get used to it and all the guys like it and nothing can happen ,especially cause most of my coworkes never realize from what folder they work and mapped drive z: pointing to my computer may have no difference to him ,he can regard it as his own

HTH