Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: dual monitor question

Diedesigner

Hi all,

A friend of mine has a top of the line Dell (big$$) with a Nvidia Quattro FX 3400 (sp?) dual DVI-D output video card. Everything runs fine, but there are a couple of tweaks needed.

He uses the computer for Autocad. When he maximizes Acad to the secondary monitor, the position should remembered. But the next time Acad is opened, but it always opens back in the primary monitor.

The second oddity (Acad still maximized in the secondary monitor) relates to the "bubble help" which appears when you hover the mouse pointer over a toolbar icon. Instead of the little help baloon appearing right next to the icon, it appears at the edge of the primary monitor.

I highly respect the general computer savy of this group, so even though this may be an "Autocad" question, I was hoping someone could advise on these odd behaviors.

Make sure you have the latest Quadro drivers

(currently ver 6182) and make sure your

display mode is set to "Dual View"

then

run the Desktop Management Wizard

Set "Open Windows on" to "Last Display"

and

"Reposition dialog boxes" to

Move to application display.

I've never run ACAD on dual screens, but these setting work with SolidWorks and all MS apps

• 3 months later...

I run Nvidia dualview on two differnt workstations, one with differnt size monitors. Works pretty good, but requires some tweeking and setup. Make sure nView desktop manager is enabled. Try it as "Dualview" mode, rather than extend3ed desktop. Another option for forcing dialog boxes;

Go to user interface tab and enable gridlines. Draw gridlines on screen, then go back to dialog box repostioning, and scroll down and select a grid postion. All dialog boxes SHOULD be forced to open in that set grid position.

hth.