Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t setting tooleye on mazak qt-20

Gary

Our mazak tooleye is calibrating the tool off by about .02 all a sudden. The tools that were already set still meaasured ok but as soon as i tool eye them they are off by about .020. They repeat though and i cannot find anything loose on the eye. I am the only one that runs the machine so i no it hasn't been crashed. Now for the life of me can't find out how to recalibrate the eye in any of our books without just comping them in. If any of you mazak guys could tell me the precredure for fixing this i would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary

Check the eye. I have had the switch inside go bad and cuase problems. I have also seen stuff get under the plunger and cuase it to stick. I have taken it completely apart and put it back together and it is very simple. There is a parameter in the machine for the setting but been way ot many year where is Jack when you need him??? headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah i have had the problem with it sticking before also. It will repeat within tenths if i touch off the same tool. So i ain't sure what happened so i'll try resetting it and see ig it happens again. If only i were<-- smart enough to get it reset. Thanks for the reply. Bye the way how are those 15k spindles holding up on thoses haas's of yours?

Gary,

Yes this is a parameter. If you look at all the screens you will notice the number somewhere around 12 or 15 inches - look at the screens with an open mind and try to imagine how you as the machine tool builder would construct the feature.

At machine referance you will see a number clearly displayed - use an empty tool at turret index (a bore mount is best since they are always to "X" zero) and you will have the exact value echoed in the parameter that matches the screen value. As always, you will need to change the parameter, power down, and then power back up - your change will be reflected upon referencing.

Why the sudden change concerns me that the tapered turret pin is worn or loose - I would tend to make the call for service and observe the steps the mechanic takes to correct or adjust this situation.

P.S. A Mazak Quick Turn 20 is not a brand new product line. I would also want to sweep the face of each turning holder with an indicator to ensure that this problem eliminates the turret as opposed to the tool eye. What the heck - sweep all the bore mounts and eliminate the chuck as well. smile.gif

Extra extra PS - get a few cans of contact cleaner and blast everything in sight. This might even be caused from a small cutting laying on the tapered pin(s) as well.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

I will check the parameters in the morning. I could cut to size as always with the tools that had not been tool eyed. It was with the different tools that i noticed it was now off. Could of been this way for week or so. The measurements repeat on the offsets now there just off the same amount each time. z axis seems fine though. machine only has about 2700 cut hours and repeats very well so i'm hoping its just a parameter adjustment. Thanks for the help.

I'll post what i find.

all the mazaks weve got use these parameters for reteaching the tooleye.

B63 is the X for OD turning. (a big number no decimals)

B64 is the Z for OD and ID. (big number)

B61 is set after B63 is, its the distance from one sensor to the other. Thats for ID tools.(smaller number)

B62 is for Z on the backside, set after B64 is set. same as B61. (small number usually close to he same number as B61 is.)

I touch of a tool and make a cut. make your offsets to the tool data not the wear. make the parameter adjustments, touch the tooleye and the number should stay as you offsetted it.

I just did this last nite. crash..