Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EDM fixture

absolute_mo

The 400 series of SS would be great, but the only problem I have is that I need it as soon as possible and it only comes in round bar. The 420 is available in plate - it'll take two weeks before I get the material.

Bronze - never thought of that.

Iskander, what type of Bronze would you reccomend? Tin, Silicon, maganese.

erowa_03.jpg

This is erowa holders ,my holders are more enchanced and universal .

As you see ,masters (setting tools) and gripping devices from steel ,holders from bronze .

I think it is tin bronze .

My universal holder (custom design) :

I can grip any round or square part without premilling up to 25 mm ,or any part with 10*10square bar profile length 50 mm min in the bottom or any plate style electrode up to 150*150 .]

I made holders for bigger electrodes too

I made custom holders (kneeLtype ) ,center-finders,angle splitters and so on all from bronze and alluminium .

The bronze milling and drilling /threading is supereasy and fast ,uncompareble to any steel !

I run set-up for 50-100 electrodes from time to time ,milled electrode has no need for set-up in edm ,we keep them gripped in holder till there is no need for changes or repair and use them next time .

Bronze have no chance to get corrozion on edm or wireedm ,strong enough for heavy milling of electrodes on mill cnc ,easy and fast in milling ,

and not so pricey as it looks

The fixture I'm looking to make is for a wire edm machine. The reason it'll take two weeks for the material to arrive is because it's coming from the US. - And I'm located in Ontario, Canada (and I'm not ordering a large quantity).

I have called three suppliers and to no avail. The best they can do for me is two weeks for material. If anyone knows of any other suppliers that are located in Ontario, it would be greatly appreciated.