Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster post

Candyman

hi all, has anyone got a copy of the mpmasterpost that has been modified so that it doesnt output a toolchange at the start of the program?i always have the fist tool needed in the spindle so i dont need this toolchange..ive tried modifying it but it takes aout all toolchanges.. also can you get it to output the stock to leave for 2d contours and pockets? i know it does for surface toolpaths but cant get it to work for everything else...i really would appreciate some pointers here thanks paul

I have one post, not mpmaster, that I've modified to change tools after the cycle by adding "M6" after the tool has retracted and removing the tool change at the start. This is for a machine that stages tools in advance, where a tool change would put the wrong tool in the spindle. My other machines typically start with a "T1M6" line. And while it isn't necessary if T1 is in the spindle it doesn't do any harm. I'm not sure if this addresses your issue or not, it depends if you're using pre staged tools...

To leave stock for finish operations I use the X-Y stock to leave in the contour parameter page of the mill operation. Or check the multi passes box in the contour parameter page and set the parameters on finish passes (if it's the same tool).

Hope this is helpful,

Larry

thanks for the reply larry but there must be a way to tweak the actual post to get my desired results.. and having the toolchange and toolcall at the start of prog does matter cause it will generate an alarm..

i'll try you suggestion about the stock left on thanks paul

If I understand you right, you do not want a tool change at the start of the program,but do want one there after.If so I have "tweaked" the post for that.See Mastercam does not know that you have the correct tool in the spindle,(and how could it know).By using the misc values, you can now make the post decide whether or not to kick out a T code and MO6.Give me your E-Mail address and I will send it to you.

Are you running a old Makino by Chance? If so,I have modified the toolchange Macro to take care of this problem at the machine.

The only time a tool change would be a problem is if you are only running 1 tool. My machine alarms out the same way so what we did was to add block skips to the tool change, so if i do a program with 1 tool i will just flip the block skip switch on the control.

joe