Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

soid works converter not working right

CAM CRAZY

I am trying to convert a .sldprt into mastercam but all that I get is a cube. banghead.gif

The file can be loaded in the solid works viewer called Edrawings so I can see it there. I can even translate the Edrawings picture into a STL and load that into mastercam but that looks like a huge wireframe cluster. Does anyone have any idea on this one?

Oh BTW I am on the maintenence program so I have all the converter updates

thanks

CAM CRAZY,

Welcome to the forum. biggrin.gif If there's a problem with any file you're trying to convert, contact your reseller and send it to them. If they don't give you a satisfactory answer, you could send it on to [email protected] They would want to know if there's anything wrong with the most recent converter. Can you upload the file to cadcam's FTP (link above)? That way many of us could try it out and see if there's something else to recommend. HTH biggrin.gif

What does your Soild Manager say. Do you have solids with your seat of Mastercam which would be needed to see the Solid Manager. I have found that some people who use Solid works do not sever the parnet/chile realtionship when making thier solid so if the use a cube to make the part from but did not eraser the orignal information or left it has a dummy in the file that will cometimes come into the translation. By looking at the solid Manager you can see if you have more than one solid. If you do not then do as suggested but if you do start blanking or changing solids to other levels to see if you find the part you are looking for.

BTW welcome and hope to see an older number more.

HTH

I've been importing SW 05 files for the past few weeks to MC as .sldprt and have not had a single problem. Have you tried re-installing the updates to MC?

Todd is right, XP home edition or anythig older won't run SW05, SW05 won't even install with that OS.

Don't mean to be harsh, just trying to help you out...really.

I contacted SW tech right when the update to 05 came out after 05 would not install on my system (had XP home at the time) the tech told me that SW05 was designed to work with XP Pro, and I should expect lots of problems if I tried using Home XP. You should call them and see what they tell you.

to everyone that responded thank you. I will send it to the MC dealer and see what he/she can do.

The customer also sent the file in a iges format so I can work on it. So now it is a matter of curiosity other than necessity.

other things brought up that i tried

1 I am using xp-pro

2 a different programmer tried reinstalling the converter.

thanks again cheers.gif