Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inch feedrate help..........

Lstar

i have some former program using feedrate in inch(most of time i use MM feed), the NC program doesn't call G94 in the beginning and the feedrate for milling are not without a decimal point, that is "F100" , it move very slow when i run it, then i have try to add G94 in front of it ,but its still move very slow, it seem only 1 inch per minute (not 100 nich). unless i change all of the F*** to F***. then i only have the right feedrate. i think it should have some other setting for G94. please help.

quote:

-----------------------------------------------

Use F10000 to get F100.

so i have to change all of the feedrate in my program, it is a long program, i think it would be the same to add all of them with decimal point. mad.gif

quote:

Try G20 in begining. It's Inch mode............

i have tried this before i post this question,not function

I think that you can look at Parameter #3401 bit #0 DPI When a decimal point is omitted in an address, the least input icrement is assumed (0)/ The unit of mm, inches, or sec. is assumed (1). We have ours set at (1) and input feeds without decimals all the time.

HTH

Glenn

P.S. This is from the Fanuc Operation and Maintenance Handbook

Thanks all of you guy.

quote:

------------------------------------------------

I think that you can look at Parameter #3401 bit #0 DPI..........set at (1) and input feeds without decimals all the time.

Thanks heeler. may it effect the tapping cycle G84? anywhere i will try it later.

quote:

Is there a find and replace function in your control??? ex. find F100 / replace with F100.

Yes, but i have not only F100, they are F30 F50 F80 F100 F200. i can change them in the editor.

if not found good way, next and next inch program, they may need to be change in the editor firebounce.gif

Thanks Tim Johnson.

quote:

There are no parameters shown in the fanuc manual.

Are you sure that the control that the program was originally made for is fanuc?

they told me that they run it in other control, but all of the G code are the same. so i think there would not have big difference . there must have the switches in all this control that runing in the G code same as Fanuc

headscratch.gif

quote:

my dear whats ur controler name..............

plz send me us nc controler name and spacifection i help u beter then now..

sammgujjar please read from the beginning