Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool library

Blueprint 123

Are you using Mastercam in metric or Inches?

What ever system you are using put values in that system but the Tool name can be what ever you like.On the Define Tool page/Tool parameter tab where it says comment call the Tap what you like its just a name and the post can add this comment to your posted NC code.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

Yes,... then for the threads just calculate for TPI (in this case 25.4). You can also name your tools as well. On the parameters page (Define Tools) look towards the bottom and you'll see "comment". Here you can type in "M6 X 1.0" or whatever you want to call it. Be sure to 'Save to Library' or you'll end up doing this everytime you use the tap.

When you start programming, the icon will show up as a '236 rh tap', but when you go to 'get' the tool you'll see your tap name anyway so you know what is what.

Well I did this different folks, I then put the thread equal to the pith of the metric thread or a standard tap in there. I then have my metric and standrd taps all in one place and done. Take the metric pitch and divide by .03937 and that is your number of thread to put on the page.

Like so 6mm x 1.0 thread is 25.4 threads per inch.

8mm x 1.25 thread is 31.75 threads or 5mm x .08 thread is 20.32 threads.

I name the taps the metric name for my set-up sheet and post and all if good. I mean the tap is a decimal but so what I can have everything the same and when I post it all is good.