Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mirroring in Cimco

jeff

I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this.

I have a program that I need to mirror about the X axis and I cannot select a line.

They want point locations to mirror about.

And a box for angle.

Does anyone use these functions in Cimco?

I use the rotate and translate a few times,but never mirror before.

God I hate Mondays.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbonk.gifbonk.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Tried full ver of Cimco Edit to do just that with no luck.

Heeler's sugestion should work good, but if you have a lot of files to do this way I have a little vb script to do just that, courtesy of our friend from CNC Software, Roger Martin.

It's for a lathe and flips nc file across x axis but should be easy to modify for y axis.

Should still be on ftp (flip_it), if not then I can e-mail it to you.

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

quote:

In the mirror function in CIMCO Edit, you enter a point on the mirror line, and the direction (angle) in degrees of the mirror line.

I've tried this about a year ago on a trial version of cimco but would't work.

It was for a lathe nc file. I called Cimco to find out what gives, talked to couple people but never got a call back confused.gif

We were ready to purchase a full version of your software if it could do just that.

Luckily Roger Martin from CNC Software was kind enough to put together a little VB script that took care of things.

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

quote:

I called Cimco to find out what gives, talked to couple people but never got a call back

That is an interesting comment. confused.gif I've talked to Cimco serveral times and have always had great success. biggrin.gif

Just wanted to voice the other side of the fence for Cimco.

JM2C

Glenn

P.S. Thanks Christian and Anthony and rest of Cimco staff.

All,

One thing to keep in mind is that Cimco updates their software frequently. Keep their update link as a favorite in whatever Internet explorer software you use. The current version should be 4.40.01. Whenever someone contacts Tech Support, this is usually the first question asked. "What release are you using?" Many of the issues users experience have already been fixed in the latest releases. The Mirror function may not have worked as it should've in whatever version you're using. Check it out by selecting Help-About when Cimco Edit is open. HTH cheers.gif

Storkman,

quote:

Your going to drive James nuts.

Isn't he already? I thought that's what the spinning beanie indicated. biggrin.gif J/K James biggrin.gif

Jeff,

Just to note that when you Mirror by simply changing Y values for Y- and Y- values for Y. Your Toolpath will be cutting in opposite direction. Meening if it was climb milling the mirrored toolpath will now be up milling just a thought to keep in mind when mirroring by this method.