Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lyndex vs. Techniks

Tim Johnson

I would say most of the "brand" manufacturers are even. We don't run ours up to 15K, but we do run them up to 12K (I believe that's a G2.5 spec for a 50 taper).

I have never used Techniks, but we do have a few Lyndex that we're very happy with. Our primary brand is Command. They are more pricey than Lyndex, but I find Lyndex to be just as good. Other brands to consider are Parlec and Rego Fix. I have never tried either one of them for those RPM's, as a matter of fact I have never tried Rego Fix, but I did hear good things about them.

Who are you going with for your collets?

We currently use Lyndex for our holders and collets. We do use the Techniks coolant collets for our thru spindle tooling and they are working fine but we've only been using them for a couple weeks. The Lyndex rep came in and said a lot of bad things about Techniks. But the founder used to be either the pres, vise pres or part owner of Rego Fix so I'm leary of what he is spouting out of his mouth. We're trying to get a Techniks rep in here but our new HMS is here now so we're under pressure to get the tooling ordered.

We've used Lyndex almost exclusively for the last few years and I like their holders a lot, BUT, since they were absorbed by Nikken their pricing has skyrocketed and we are currently looking into alternatives. Lyndex, Nikken, Parlec, Command, ETM, Techniks all make fine toolholders

C

Lyndex/Nikken, Command, Rego-Fix... all nice. Check also Big (Kaiser, Sheppard, Daishowa), and Richmill.

The only thing I don't see with Techniks (right off the bat anyway) is the capability for balancing (for rebalance or fine adjustment). Might want to check for that. An unbalanced tool at 15k or higher (especially 50 tapers) can be very uncool firebounce.gif

We have a 25k spindle running Nikken and Richmill tooling... no problems.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Parlec... good holders CRAPPY delivery and service.

Nikken... great holders, decent service

Tecnara... great holders, decent service

Lyndex... great holders, good service

Techniks... great holders, great service

Richmill... great holders, good service. low inventory. I get a feeling they are going under. Don't know it for a fact, but the spidey senses are tingling...

Valenite, good holder, great service

Kennametal, good holder, great service

That's my take and I'm stickin' to it. biggrin.gif

Thanks guys for your opinions.

One of the salesmen that sell Techniks also sells Command but says he doesn't push them unless the customer demands it cause Technics is just as good. We also are getting some quotes for Parlec and since we are getting quotes for their tool presetter we're hoping that they will adjust the holder prices also. The Teckniks quotes are coming in at 15%-20% less and for every collet chuck we buy we would get a collet included. That's a big savings when we're buying roughly 200 holders.