Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ERROR IN STARTING OF MASTERCAM

camman36

Camman, make sure your using the most current drivers from your vid card manufacturer, NOT WINDOWS UPDATED DRIVER! Been burnt there before just like you maybe that after and update to my pc I couldn't even get cam to start. One call to our reseller and I felt like a fool, that's all it took.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum!

camman36,

There are lots of threads here you can search about MC and video card interface problems. Like Brad suggests, get the latest driver from the mfg first as that may be the quick fix. Gcode may also be correct that win 98 may no longer support MC, but I'm thinking vid card. MC runs best on almost exclusively nvidia cards so you probably should upgrade that driver and see what happens.

HTH cheers.gif

I would personally consider this a perfect time to upgrade the O.S. as the previous posts suggested... Mastercam may support Win 98 but Win 98 doesn't support Win 98 ! No, that's not a typo... It is a terrible O.S. Try Windows XP you'll LOVE it. Easy to use, better help files, almost every feature is 10 times better than older windows versions... Even if it has a serious error, about 95% of the time it recovers itself and you don't even have to restart... It's so worth it ! cool.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gifsmile.gif