Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotating a 5-axis toolpath using transform

Brian Scullion

OK I'm trying to transform (Rotate) a 5 axis toolpath around an axis so I can machine 2 parts from the same billet.

The results I'm having are somewhat confusing can any one help explain this

So far I think you create a tool plane and create a toolpath then you go into the transform operation:

-click rotate

-select tool plane

-press rotate tab

-select about a point

-click on the point

-turn on select view

-click the top plane

-set rotation angle (180) and no of steps to (1)

press ok

The only thing is I'm having limited sucess with this

confused.gifconfused.gif

Could you use the smae oprtation with 2 different fixture offsets and on the machine make the 2nd fixture offset A180.? The reason I say this is becuase Trnasform work on machines where you are trying to rotate the operation around an axis of rotation trying to do machine work on part using no rotation of the part might be the reason here. It is where me I would mirror the whole part then copy the operations then I would just reslect the geomtry for the toolpaths.

HTH

I cannot do this for this machine or this job

it is a horizontal head-head machine

Basically what I done was rotate one component 180 deg's looking in the top view so as I could nest 2 parts in the one billet

I had thought about just rotating the geometry and reselecting but I was trying to perservere and get my head around the transform operation

My thinking was it would save me time which as usual I dont have

In this case I am using regular pocketing toolpaths, if I use co-ordinate then the tool plane does not rotate

and If I use toolplane while in verify it looks right the co-ordinates do not tie in

I have already given up on this and have just created extra toolplanes and geometry and reselected something like crazy millman suggested headscratch.gif