Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems importing SolidWorks file

tpotenberg

We have mastercam v9.1 with sp2 running on windowsxp.

We are trying to import a solidworks file from a customer but are getting the following errors.

Warning - cannot find parasolid data in solidworks file.

and

Warning - error opening C:mcam9commontempsworksin.x_b

We have also tried the latest solidworks converter from the mastercam website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tyler

Hey ERIC14779. Appreciate the offer. We are trying to figure this out so we can get it to work next time we come accross a solidworks model from another customer.

I checked the temp folder after trying to read in the file but it didn't write anything out.

I was beginning to think that the file was corrupt but it opened just fine in the free viewer off the solidworks website.

if there is no solid I do not believe the SW import tool will work because it is looking for Parasolid (X_T) type data...

I do not think a SW surface body file has any Parasolid data.. Hence the first error that you get.

with the viewer you downloaded can you tell if the model is a surface body or solid body??

again I have SW 2004 and I offer to open it and see what you have to work with. biggrin.gif

tpotenberg,

Welcome to the forum. smile.gif

quote:

Warning - cannot find parasolid data in solidworks file.

This first error message usually appears when a user is trying to convert a SW file with an outdated converter. You stated that you're using V9.1 SP2, a release for Mastercam which is well over a year old. The latest converters were from Nov. of '04. Are these the ones you installed to use with V9.1 SP2? If so, they should work. Contact your reseller to work out a solution for you.

quote:

Warning - error opening C:mcam9commontempsworksin.x_b

Whenever I have a customer with this issue, I ask them to e-mail the file to me and I'll test it out in the office. If it works, I know it's not a problem with the software but rather an issue with their system. If it doesn't work using the latest the software (Mcam) has to offer, I know it's an issue for QC to look into. In either case, your reseller will have come across this before and will most likely have a good idea on how to fix it. If you don't want to contact them, upload the file to the FTP link at the top of this page and let us know where it is. Someone here will be glad to convert it for you. HTH cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...