Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Z axis orientation and verify

loraxian

I'm trying to bring in a .SAT file from a solids package (Inventor) The part wasn't created with the proper orientation.

I've been able to translate the part so that the WCS is correct but no matter what I do the part is upside down when I attempt to verify the tool path.

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to this. I couldn't find anything with a forum search either.

Thanks

Did you create a new WCS or "Xform-Translate" the part? From the sounds of your problem, you created a new WCS. Do a search for verify and WCS and you'll find the "tricks." I don't recall them off the top of my head.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

Instead of rotating in the front view this is what you could do;

In the WCS manager right click over the WCS that you're using. Select Create/Relative to selected/ uncheck all the choices except for Bottom. Now reselect your origin and you should be good to go...

Yes Thad, I changed the WCS to Bottom view. I also did some translating to get the origin pointing the way I wanted it. Truth is I've screwed around with this thing so long I can't remember everything I did.

I'm going to go try Robs suggestion above and recreate the operation.

thanks

Was changing the WCS the right thing to do?

Now looking at ai I know what you mean Carl...

The axis you're talking about are in Varify and not WCS. If you notice they are dark gray and not white. They are showing you the orientation of the original view. This is normal. If the axis were to be all white, that would mean you did not move/rotate, etc.. the part in any way.