Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface,finish, contour

JayMan

I'm programming a form block with undercut sides, using a dovetail cutter, starting from z zero and going down to z-1., the program works good, my problem is it takes to long to generate a tool path, I set it up to regen last night, and this morning its still working. What do i need for a computer? or is there somthing wrong with my settings? HELP. bonk.gif

Are you using mr0105? If so you might try disabling constant z operations : use fast z cut technology. Under the c-hook tpcfg.dll. I had the same problem after I installed the latest update. I read in an earlier thread that this was a good work around. Surface finish contour was the only toolpath I had a problem with. Hope this helps.

Are you getting any error messages? The only time I've had an operation take forever to generate a toolpath is when I had my tool defined incorectly. If I remember , I had the tools profile set a "Custom File" for some stupid reason??? bonk.gif

Anyway, if that's not the case , I'd suggest posting the file on the FTP here.

cheers.gif

how would you know if you have the mr0105 active?

(we are networked and i don't know if its been added) also on the c-hook, It seemed to work well on my machine, but not on my neigbors, do you have to call it up everytime? how do you run the c-hook? forgive me for being so stupid, but i'm learning everyday..

quote:

how would you know if you have the mr0105 active?

You should see it on your splash screen when starting MC. I think it even says it at the top of the screen when MC is running. OR it might say it at the bottom of the screen if you press Alt+V.

Thad

I'm not going to complain about Mastercam, because i'm comfortable with it and in most cases i have no problems with it. But i wish sombody could tell me if there is a problem with surface,finish,contour machining, because my boss ran it though pro-e and it took about 2 minutes. when i do it, I leave at night, come back in the morning, and it's still regenerating.....HELP headscratch.gif

JayMan,

I was jus re-reading this and think I have an idea.

quote:

2.4 gig processor 511 mb ram

in master cam system config,allocations

current ram allowcation 480.9 mb

other setting 10000

Your allocations are too high for the amount of RAM you have on your computer. You should never allocate more than about 1/2 of your total system's RAM to run any single session of Mcam. With 512 Mb of RAM you've allocated 480 Mb to use for Mcam. eek.gif I'm surprised the O/S didn't shut down Mcam completely. Divide your database and toolpath allocations in half (120,000 ea.). Also if you are enrolled on the Maintenance program for Mcam, contact your reseller and see if they can send you out the latest MR0105 full install on a disk, so you won't have to download and install all of the MR's since V9.1 SP2. Keep your software updated. That's the whole idea behind Maintenance. HTH cheers.gif