Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converting mcam solid into dxf file

Michael Reynolds

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Cant Autocad take SAT files?

Depending on what version. Mechanical Desktop can. Inventor can but I am not sure about AC2k.

quote:

I know it can put out but what about in?

Again, depending on what version.

Mike, I'd suggest what Charles suggested. DXF only supports lines, arcs, and points. Basically only wireframe type entities. I don't believe splines are supported either.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Allen

Are you saying that

Using that method will make Mastercam DXF export a solid surface? confused.gif

My Ac14 is running on win2k with no problems, Did you have all those pesky AC14 patchs installed?

BTW whats AC14/2000 command to bring up its current build number? I forgot!!!

Kenneth Potter

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Kenneth Potter ]

Allan,

when you do what you are saying it turns it into a 2D flat file so that is even worse then just 3D wire that he can excrude in autocad.

Oh i forgote the autocad should take on the splines with no problem, sense it loves to hand them out.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Michael,

I write a .sat file out of Mastercam and 'acisin' into Autocad 2000. I use Version 5.0 in Mastercam when writing the file. This will import a solid into Autocad 2000. You can then dimension the solid.

I'm also going to play around with translating the entities from the layout c-hook. btw, it's an awsome c-hook.

Kathy

To merge the two drawings I think you want to use the wblock or xref command (I have not used acad since V12 so their may be a better way!)

If all you want is the GD&T stuff why don't you take the drawing into V7 and use your easydraw.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Allan ]