Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A Philosophy of Work

Multax

Now then Mr. Schultz taught me that the greatest reason for setting a goal was not to acquire the goal, and when I understood THAT, it revolutionized my whole life!!!

The major purpose of the goal is not in obtaining the goal, obtaining the goal is the secondary value.

The major value in going for the goal IS, what it makes of you in the pursuit of IT.

The greatest value is not what you GET, but what you BECOME!!!

It’s not what you go after, what you go after soon disappears.

It’s what you become that counts!!!

What we all must make sure of, is that the things that we’re going for is making something unique out of us in the pursuit of all of this!!!

Now it also means that in order to have more YOU’VE got to become more!!!

You see some people have the wrong philosophy, the guy says if oh I had a good job I’d really poor it on, but I’ve got this lousy job so I just goof off!!!

See if that’s your philosophy then you are DESTINED to stay there...

The major thing is what happens to you!!!

Now here is also the WARNING, and the warning says, beware of what YOU BECOME in pursuit of what YOU WANT!!! You’ve got to be careful.

Whatever you are doing make sure it’s making something unique out of you!!!

J.R.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Multax ]

I like your philosophy of work. I understand it all too well. I take everything for what it is worth at that time and place.

I have heard many times that hard work is for "over-achievers". I know for a fact that two of the people that told me that when I first started machining have not progressed. They are still deburring & cleaning up the shop. I left that job over 10 years ago.

I am a person that is never satisfied, to some extent. There is always room to improve. Whether you step forward and make that improvement, that is another mystery in itself.

Once again, good post.

Trevor

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

'Tis True. If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every single time.

Often I teach people that were in the same Mastercam class as I was back 8 years ago. Such potential, tsk, tsk, tsk.