Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What brand?

Bruce Caulley

Good evening everybody,

I know that this is a bit of a loaded question, but if you had to pick just one brand of tipped tool that would cover all turning, drilling and milling apps, which would it be.

I understand that no one company will have the best tool for every job. I am curious to know what others think, as we are looking to standardise the united nations that has become our tool store. The amount of time we spend on jobs due to not having the same tool as the previous batch as well as the inventory hassles adds up to $$$$$. Even if we lose a little time on some jobs due to tool selection I estimate we will recover about a quarter of our down time and inventory costs.

I am thinking Iscar. Even though it is not my personal favourite I reckon it will cover most of what we do nicely. We are concentrating on defense and aerospace work, but also do a lot of electronics bodies and automotive castings.

Bruce

Bruce,

We use a lot of Kennametal for our lathes. They service us well, and living on an island, next day service is important to our production. There are lots of good tools on the market but if I had to pick just one tool supplier it would be them.

Phil

Iscar and Sandvik here Bruce.

If i order from Iscar before 3:00pm in the arvo i can get most of the tools and inserts down from Sydney the next morning by 11:00am

The same with Sandvik. I can get them from Singapore over night if the order is placed before 3:00pm.

Sale and backup support from both company,s is great down here.

cheers.gif Darren