Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Variable not defined

Tim Johnson

What he's saying is that the box they installed the MR on doesn't seem to like the no_spc variable in his post where his non-updated box has no problem. I don't know enough about posts to understand how this occurs but I know that I have a LOT of no_spc in my tweaked posts so I'm interested in the answer to this

C

I'd say that the "variable is not formatted/defined" in the post. In other words the definition got lost for some reason. Does it give you the line number in the post at which the error occurs? Should say when error message shows. Then could you post that part of the MC post so we could see? What are you using it for? To create 'no spaces'?

Just fishing....

quote:

I'd say that the "variable is not formatted/defined" in the post.

Psycho,

it's supposed to be defined in mp.dll

I sent him my post when he got the error the first time. He ran it again and got the same error. I then loaded his file on my box, posted the code for him and it worked fine.

Chris,

I'm concerned about this also. I just did a find/replace on my je60 post and there were 11152 of them. eek.gif

It has to do with the new mp.dll file that was supposed to have installed when you updated your software. Did you uninstall the SP2 Version? Be sure to rename that folder to mcam9old. (Installing to the old folder might prevent the mp.dll from getting updated.) Then install the latest and greatest Mastercam. This will create a NEW mcam9 folder and install your New mp.dll file, where no_spc is defined. This variable means "no spaces".

If all else fails you might be able to drag and drop the mp.dll file from the system that works to the system that doesn't, forcing the updated mp.dll into the mcam9 folder.

Good luck

Just download and install the latest mp.dll from the support area of mastercam.com. I'm not going to guess why or how the mp.dll on that machine was either corrupted or replaced with an old version but replacing it with the new one should fix the problem. I would suggest keeping an eye on that machine because it is highly unlikely that only the mp.dll is screwed up. You may want to backup, uninstall and do a fresh install.