Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire EDM posting problem

loraxian

Version 9.1

Thread/cut happens at the ends of lines. I have numerous squares/rectangles with short lines going from the midpoint of one of the feature lines and terminating where we plan to drill threading holes.

Several of the features are holes. I'm using the hole geomtry with a thread distance equal to the radius of the hole.

The machine is a Charmilles Robofil 240. I don't know much about the post other than it's using ISO (G/M) programming as opposed to Charmilles command codes.

Thanks

the post says "always use the lead-in/lead-out function to generate the approach motion to the chained contour. This method generates a start and end contour flag that are needed to produce proper output."

and

"Always use a lead-in/lead-out line that intersects to a contour linear element or two lines and a radius fro the lead-in/lead-out"

I thought I was doing this. I've drawn a circle with a vertical line going to the center. I'm using the STCW or whatever, to select the end point of the verical line for a start point.

What am I missing?

Thanks

ps I don't see where you have the option of NOT using the lead-in/lead-out function. There are radio buttons that allow you to chose what you want but OFF, doesn't appear to be an option??

loraxian,

I just tried it on our wire program and after I select the vertical line then the circle I get lead in not successful. Try this, were the vertical line meets the circle break at intersection. Then delete your vertical line. Now try your contour again with your lead in lead out and see if it helps.

I hope I am understanding you correctly,

hth,

Brian

loraxian,

if you are doing multiple chaining, check this out....http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014170

also, make sure that your start point is your origin point...you do not have to draw your lead in lines or arcs..let mc do that for you..

dan

I REALLY appreciate the great ideas. I basically hammered away at this thing using your suggestions.

1. Let MC generate lead in lead outs.

2. Used two lines and an arc lead in. ( it's a mystery to me why the post needs that but, whatever)

Now I just have about a dozen other misc. issues to sort out and I'll be ready.

Thanks again

quote:

2. Used two lines and an arc lead in. ( it's a mystery to me why the post needs that but, whatever)

As Jim already posted, the post processor "needs that" because it was written that way due to a specific machine requirement. If this is NOT a requirement for your machine, contact your reseller and have them modify the post so that it is no longer required.