Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trimming lines V9.1

Bill

Ok... this is driving me nuts. I have been using mastercam since 92, so I know of what I speak.

If I have say a vertical line drawn at z:1.00, a horizontal line drawn at z:-1.00 and so on, I can NOT trim the lines together in the top plane. I know about splines and 3d, but these lines are flat and I am in the Top CPlane as well as the Top Gview as if that would matter.

What's going on here? Very frustrating. curse.gif

Also, while I'm at it, in V8 I could create lines in the top plane at various depths (controlling th z depth) and using each lines end points, but now in V9 if I pick the endpoint of a line that's on a different z plane it places my line there like I was in 3d or something. banghead.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello billh, It must be frustrating. I know what you are talking about, but I don't know why you are having trouble. I have been able to do the trimming with every mc version including the most current release. If you want to email your file, I can test it here and let you know if it is a problem specific to your machine.

Bill,

Foolsh beat me too it. There is a bug that keeps you in 3d mode sometimes and you have to switch between cplanes like he said. If something doesn't trim when I know it should, I click cplane 3d, and then back to top, side, etc. and it works as its supposed to.

quote:

There is a bug that keeps you in 3d mode sometimes and you have to switch between cplanes like he said. If something doesn't trim when I know it should

I have seen this also, it will read "Cplane: T" on the screen then if you click on it and it will switch to 3D. banghead.gif

Also sometimes you have to use "Comb view" to get things to trim.

Main Menu, Screen, Next menu, Comb views

cheers.gif

I'm a new user just registered from Australia. I have been using Mastercam for only a year, but been programming for nearly three years. I wonder if anyone has experience in using the Mastercam Handbooks, particularly on surfacing. I want to improve my surfacing skills and the resources over here are non existent. Are the books any good? Purchasing is not a problem because I work for Electrolux, and they're quite good at providing the best possible training.

Just to mention also, I have noticed the c plane switch to 3d or more to the point, it doesn't switch back to cplane even when it's displayed. The quickest way I switch it is to open another file and then reopen the one you were working on. It resets the default settings.