Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Views renamed?

Tinny

Hi folks,

I have a problem that is really driving me mad. I program the job in many views whick I name i.e. socket end, or Angled face ect. For my post to workon 5-axis properley ( at least the way I was shown) I have to change the wcs in each stategy to a common wcs that relates to how the job is set on the mc. When I do this and re-gen sometimes one or other of the wcs's loses its name or turns its self into a system view, and loses any offsets.

Anyone else seen this? I cannot post the file onto the ftp because of customer confidentiality.

This happens in SP2 and the newest mainetence release.

I only lose the name if I take an existing WCS and rotate it to create a new one. All is fine until I click the T/C Plane button on the tool parameters page and make some changes there. Then it gets renamed back to the original system view name. That is the only time I've seen them get renamed. If I don't have to mess with the T/P plane, it keeps the name with no problems.

I can repeat this problem on request.

Thad

quote:

wcs's loses its name or turns its self into a system view, and loses any offsets

yeah, I've learned to be VERY careful in planning my job so that I don't go in and change views or WCS's on pre-existing operations. Learned to live with it (or try and avoid it). Can't remember the explanation as to why it happens.

Do you copy the WCS. What I do is not use WCS for 5 axis work. I use C-planes but I use WCS to give my names to keep track of the view I am doing pratical work on and never had a problem with it losing or getting changed to system view. I have however seen it get renumbered and I bet if you go to all and look down the list the name is still there just a different system view number though it will still be the same oritation as you did before will just be a different number. So by using the WCS as marker so to speak but not a toolpath creation you get the disired effets witout all the BS that WCS brings with it.

HTH