Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows ME

Karl@CP PISTONS

Hi All,

My company just bought me a new Dell 1.7mhz

that came with win ME installed. Very fast but in mastercam the mouse cursor is black and the background color is black. As a stop gap fix I changed the background to Dk gray. Anybody know how to change the mouse cursor color? This same mouse and driver worked on the old computer.

Thanks

Karl

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Ya know, a thoguht just occurred to me, the folks at Dell should get a clue and stop putting ME in all those Hot Rod Systems they're building these days. Only put it in the Celeron Machines.

JMHO

Ok then. We forgot to ask what kind of video card was in there, but we guessed correctly smile.gif

But since you mentioned that your card is an MX version, that brings up something. We (the propellerheads at In-House Solutions) have noticed that MX versions of the GeForce2 do some funky things sometimes. Sometimes they leave artifacts (graphics term for little pieces of whatever) when you perform certain functions like zooming and rotating geometry with surfaces. This is the second instance I've heard of cursor colour problems but I've never seen it first-hand.

Hmmmm. I have not noticed any thing like that. I used one of the solid examples to check the graphics speed. i.e fully shaded rotation. With the old driver the rotation is about what I'd expect, but the newest was way clunky (no other way to describe it).I might just replace win ME with 2k (on the sly of course) just to try it out. Do I need to fdisk/reformat as ntfs to do this? If so I would try it on my home comp. first (750 mhz).

I have the same video card and dont have any major problems. I do get the "artifacts" ocasionaly but my cursor is normal - white. BUT I am running Win2k Pro. Also the driver version I just downloaded is 2181 you stated that you had 2081. If that's not a typo, get the latest.

Hey All,

Thanks for all the help. I came in on the weekend and installed win 2k (don't tell my Sys. Op. guy please!!!).Right I've got it dual booting so if any body asks I still have the original operating system. The news is great ....White cursor on black background.

Will keep win2k on till i'm forced to.

The network powers don't seem to be bothered so everything is good

Thanks again!!!!!!!