Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Group Name

ChrisH

If your looking at permantly changing it to something else go into the Mill9 text file and do a search for group you will find a line that says

"toolpath group 1" in parenthesis change the text to what you want and resave. You have to back out of Mastercam for the changes to show! make sure you back up your file first!

not sure if this is what your looking for.

quote:

In Screen Configuration you can set up the tool path defaults.

You lost me on that one, Rick. biggrin.gif Where in the toolpath defaults can you change the group name?

EDIT: Are you referring to the name of the groups titled "2D", "Surface tooltpaths", etc?

Thad

Thad,

I had a brain fart. What I've done is set up Source Template files for diferent types of parts i.e.: fixtures vert machine parts , horizontal machined parts and parts that will run on both. I have default tool paths, no geometry, arranged in order of use with a basic tool library of common tools. When I open one of the groups, operations and tools are set up and ready. I add/delete what I need and assign WCS and geo. Cuts a lot of time out for repiticious processes.

Chris, sorry for the bad info.

Good Day