Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TERRORISM - What did they accomplish?

Luther_Heggs

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Because those people dancing in the streets are animals too. Their parents are spreadnig hatred to their children.

The PLO only recently took language out of it's Constitution that called for the destruction of Israel. They only removed the language after tremendous pressure from the US and other nations. Destroy Israel is still their mission. The US has made a committment to stand by Israel almost since the beginning (1950 or so I believe if memory serves me correctly), and since we have made that stand with Israel we have been made targets by extremist animals. But face it, the Jews and Arabs have been fighting since the days of Issac(Abraham and Sarah's son) and Ishmael(Abraham and Hagar's son). Ishmael(father of the Arabs) was born out of Abraham's lack of faith. God promised Abraham(then Abram) that his descendants would be more numerous than the stars, but Sarah was beyond normal child bearing years. So Sarah gave Abraham her maidservant(Hagar) as a second wife and she bore Ishmael. It was not until some time after Ishmael was born that Sarah bore Abraham a son, Issac. They have been fighting since then and they will not stop until the last days. In the Bible, it is stated that in the last days people will say there is peace, but there will truly be no peace.

We are being punished for several things, 1) our support of Israel, 2) we are capitalists, 3) we are free, and 4) we punish terrorists. These are all things that the extremist animals hate and anybody that embraces these things is a target.

JMT

One of my favorite customers is from Iran; been in this country for 15 years.

Nothing would make me more angry than if someone threatened this guy because of his ethnicityl.

I'm fortunate to have an Iranian friend, because it teaches me not to categorize all middle easterners in a bad way.

Let's keep our cool and keep our eye on who the enemy is. Then let's crush them.

Don't get me wroung I hate mad.gif terrorism as much as anyone and I am glad we will be dealing with this bunch of skunks in kick butt way. But I speak from experience you see I work with a few MD's from that part of the world, and they are kind and good people and when you talk about mass revenge you put yourself in the same boat as the people we all hate. As they say in China Revenge should be served cold.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Bob ]

I believe that the realization of what happened Tuesday is just starting to hit me. Tuesday night the first thing I did was turn on the news. I had to see what I was hearing on the radio. I couldn’t grasp the reality of this act. Because of my job I fly frequently. My first reaction was that I’m surprised it had not happened sooner. For the past several months I have felt that airport security has been lacking. I believe that it comes from our impatience and over booked late flights. As I watched the news they showed the jet flying into the second tower. Then the fire I could almost feel the heat from the pictures. Then I noticed my four year old daughter was watching. I asked her to sit with me. What do I say? Do I tell her about how lots of Mommy’s and Daddy’s just died. No not yet. “Some bad men did that honey.” Mommy and Daddy will keep you safe. Later that evening my wife said, “If you died in one of those planes. You would not want people to be sorry that you died, would you?” I was glad that she understood me. I see the innocent people as people who gave their lives for our country. I greave the loss but I do not call for revenge for the dead. The dead are gone. I grieve for the loss that the family and friends feel.

At 4:00am my little girl woke up. She said, “I’m scared. I’m shaking where is mom? Look I am shaking. I had a bad dream. I had a bad dream. The houses were falling.” I took her out of bed and held her. We prayed. I asked Jesus to send her an angel to chase away the bad dreams. We talked about puppies. She slept the rest of the night. Wednesday I read a few things but mostly I dove into work. Some of things the things I read bothered me. “I am very sorry to say that I cant help but feel that its this kind of arrogance that makes your nation such a target.” Don’t confuse a persons feelings with arrogance. Not all people recognize a calculated terrorism act as something to be admired for good planning. Lots of people can plan well. This terrorist action deserves no respect. I do not believe the dead are calling for revenge. I do see this as terrorism. If anyone ever takes a plane that I am on I will fight. I would fight to death not because I want to kill, but because I want to defend the weak and defenseless. I will not allow anyone to take the feelings of safety from my children. I will not give my life carelessly, but I have many things worth dieing for. America is a defender of the weak and innocent and it is a hard job. It will require more than a strong military. Make no mistake it is a time for action. Freedom is at risk.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mike Freimann