Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Finish Project Help

stevieboy

Hi All

FTP Site Mc9_files 1 from bottom

I've listed the file name (1 from bottom)

on the Ftp if anyone gets a chance to look at it.

I'm tring to do a Surface finish Project on the curved ramped area of the part, What I've been doing is, Create/curve/one edge and picking the floor of the ramp to get the curve, Ok then Xform that curve up to say z 2in, Ok next I need to move the curve over 1/2 my tool dia. so I don't crash into the wall of my part. Ok When I do a Xform/ofs_ctour to move my curve, it segments the curve so I can't chain it, to do another Xform/ofs_ctour. I know its a lot there,

But I just tried to make it understandable

Thanks for the Help

Gotta go for now be back in at 6 am

Project an NCI file is what your doing. Gotta create your 2D toolpath first then project that toolpath onto your surf(s). Try the squash function - squash your part's outer boundary and use that boundary for your project NCI file.

I create the surfs and attach curves to the outer perimeter of part then squash those curves to a height above part for better visual. Then create a 2D toolpath on squashed geo, and then project that toolpath onto your part.

Don't have time to look at your FTP file, busy day today..

Thanks Bryan

I did not use 2D contour on the ramped surfaces, only on the flat surfaces, I did try what, you are saying, with finish contour and parallel

The tool seemed to bump the walls, I need a smooth surface on the wall. I also tried a surface finish Scallop,That worked ok on the wall, but did not clean-up the ramp.

Thanks again.

Stevieboy,

Did the best I could. hope it is what you can use.

I have to send the files thru my hotmail cause the company blocks my outgoing attachments. Just email me the same way you got it to me and tell me if it works

Good Luck!

Kannon123

Eastech

Nathan,

Only the ramped surfaces.

I have found at least 2 ways to do the ramped surfaces with the curved wall.

1. Surface Finish Project by means of extending the surfaces then creating curves.

2. Swept tool path by means as above.

I plan on detailing these 2 Operation and posting them on the FTP site so others can see.

Or add to.

Thanks again

stevieboy

Stevieboy,

The easiest way to finish the ramped faces was by using surface_contour.I can not see a way to get the corners sharp unless you make a trode and EDm it.I put a file call 1from_bottom finish.zip on the ftp site.I only had a little time to play with it.If you want more info let me know.