Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fail-safe macro for checking cutter setup at the machine needed.

Greets to the group.

I need to make what we call a 'fail safe' routine for mills. I'm thinking macro or some kind of VB script (which I know zero about). This routine will prompt me for cutter dia, corner rad, and pivot length in the case of a 5ax setup. The routine will generate a program that cuts a full circle in the XY plane and then a quarter circle in the XZ plane. The cuts will be around an aluminum pin (the fail safe pin) which we make just for this purpose. The process verifies cutter dia, corner rad, length offset. If it cuts any of the pin then something is wrong with the setup.

Anybody have something like this they'd be willing to share?

Many thanks,

Dan

I've uploaded a file to the FTP site (MC9 folder)

named failsafe.mc9 It does what you're trying to do.

It does a surfacing toolpath instead of an XZ arc

to test tool radius but it achieves the same result.

Now we need a VB guru to put it to script

hint hint... Ron :-)

Guru dont know about that. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif (Rekd,Mick,Bullniess,James, yes me I wish) I will look at script to see if I can get a automatic process using current geometry to do something. It uses level 5 and they are different colors so if I make it color base and entity based it should be able to do a surface toolpath using color and enity then do a contour toolpath the same and so forth and so forth. You will the script button the toolpage would come up and you would slecet your tool then you should have a flowline toolpath a contour toolpath and move ot point all come geometry all picked tool all picked and be done. Hum know you got me thinking.

Charge would be help others as much as you can.