Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Software

TheePres

I have downloaded several demo versions of DNC software, but they all seem to have "drag and drop" or "collapsing folders" method of selecting files. These methods assume that operators have some sort of Windows experience, which sadly is not the case with my guys. I need to find a more simplistic program that allows for just typing in filename in a field or box. Anyone know of any such DNC programs?

TheePres,

We use the Cimco DNC-Max, it is a nice piece of software. Your operators can pull any file they need right into the control from the machine.

It is handled as such.

%

O7777

(LOAD 12345 REV A 1ST OP)

M30

%

You run that program in your control and it will pull the file saved under that name 12345 Rev A 1ST OP into your control. So your operators will simm simply have to edit the load line to pull in the program they need.

If it gets any simpler that that I haven't seen it yet.

HTH

DNCMax rocks and the remote request works for almost any control that you come across. If you don't want to use remote request [or can't] it is possible for you to configure the client software to automatically default to the correct folder for the machine you are sending to and allows the operator to simply select a program from a list and send / receive it.

BTW, hard to believe that anyone under the age of 100 doesn't have Windows experience these days; that's often just an excuse to be stupid

C

FocalPoint software from CNC Innovations is what we use. It's similar to DNCMax (which I have no experience with) in that the machinist sends a program call program to the software, and the software automatically sends the called program to the control.

O9999 (calls the program)

(568-2626) (program name)

M30

The programmer creates a link in FocalPoint to the individual files. The machinist doesn't need to know windows at all.

Thanks for the tips guys, will look into these solutions you mention. Have used CIMCO's product in the past, it is a nice program. But, dont believe we have the budget to go that route at this time. Having said that, still would welcome a quote from you Christian.

TheePres

We held off on purchasing DNCMax for about 2 years because of the expense but once we got it installed and running, and it has been bulletproof since the day Frank and Steve from S4A did the install (no exagerration, by FAR the most flawless software/hardware install I've been involved with in 10 years in this business), everyone here from the IT guy to the guys in the shop has been saying 'I can't believe we waited this long to do this.'

I know that I sound like a Cimco rump swab but I firmly believe in criticism and praise when they are due, and this product is, very simply, the cat's a$$. We have 30 machines on the system now with 1981 Yasnac controls through 2004 / 2005 Okumas and they all work the nuts.

Depending on how many machines you need to set up the software itself is not all that expensive, actually much cheaper per port than Predator (sorry, Jay) and Focal Point were in the quotes that I got (I got proposals for all 3 when we did our system, so I'm not just talking here), and you can save a considerable expense by installing hubs and pulling the wiring yourselves (which I personally did here with some of my co-workers).

I know that S4A has wireless and Palm-type DNCMax systems installed so I'm sure that your reseller probably does, too, if you're looking at that route. Feel free to email me privately or give me a call if you'd like any more information on this.

C